PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Him Against the World? That’s Basically Where Mac Jones Now Finds Himself

Did we boo Marc Wilson back in the day?

I read your article. I found these sentences fascinating:

"That could have been just the play he needed to potentially quiet an angry mob that was just waiting for the other shoe to drop."

"Every game is basically a road game where he’ll be playing these final nine contests in front of a hostile crowd, with the only people he can count on to have his back being the guys on his own sideline."

"Jones will spend two straight games battling the home crowd as he tries to get two key wins against both Indianapolis and a rematch against the Jets,"

"With the crowd likely amped up for that one, Jones may as well treat that one as if he’s playing in Western New York since the objective either way will be the same."

"Until then, he can probably expect Gillette Stadium to be just as hostile than any other venue he’ll compete in for the rest of the season."

Who do you think these hostile angry mob fans are? Are the pro-Brady fans? Pro-Zappe? Anti-Bill? Why are they acting like that, specifically against Mac? It's not like Mac is the only one that sucked that night.

Poor baby Mac.
No idea. And I wouldn't say "Poor baby mac." The point was basically that Mac will have to treat every game like a road game and shut it all out. Although it doesn't change the fact that people are going to boo the kid on every incompletion and every failed drive, which is just ridiculous and I still can't believe what I saw a week ago...but "it is what it is". And yes, Mac will need to play better, but I don't think anything less than a perfect performance - every single week - would be enough to quiet the noise.

Last edited:
No idea. And I wouldn't say "Poor baby mac." The point was basically that Mac will have to treat every game like a road game and shut it all out. Although it doesn't change the fact that people are going to boo the kid on every incompletion and every failed drive, which is just ridiculous and I still can't believe what I saw a week ago...but "it is what it is". And yes, Mac will need to play better, but I don't think anything less than a perfect performance - every single week - would be enough to quiet the noise.
You need to send Ash to the stadium so she can ban fans from the Game Day.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back