PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Him Against the World? That’s Basically Where Mac Jones Now Finds Himself

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Him Against the World? That’s Basically Where Mac Jones Now Finds Himself
Ian Logue
Home games tend to be a place where a team usually has an advantage but it's probably safe to say for New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones, no where is really safe for him right now.

The post Him Against the World? That’s Basically Where Mac Jones Now Finds Himself appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Mac can't turn the ball over... no picks in these next two home games. Neither opposing offense will be capable of a big score. The Colts can't run the ball and now they have an inexperienced and underwhelmingly talented quarterback. We just saw how pathetic Zach Wilson continues to be. Mac's assignment is play better than those two stiffs and don't do anything to hurt your team's chances of winning. The Gillette fans will tolerate that for the time being. Their may even be some sympathetic applause for Mac to make up for the unpleasantness of the Monday night game.

I am supremely confident that the greatest QB in franchise history is up to the task. Mac loves it when there is a chip on his shoulder.

And after a bit of a behavioral correction, I believe that @crawhammer agrees with me.

Ehhhh. To much concern over Mac's "hurt feelings," I think. I have a sneaking suspicion Bill has orchestrated this to a degree to find out what Mac is made of. If this sort of pressure makes Mac all weepy and forlorn, he probably doesn't have what it takes. Let it play out: see what's what.

Ehhhh. To much concern over Mac's "hurt feelings," I think. I have a sneaking suspicion Bill has orchestrated this to a degree to find out what Mac is made of. If this sort of pressure makes Mac all weepy and forlorn, he probably doesn't have what it takes. Let it play out: see what's what.
IDK, if Bill wanted to keep the pot boiling he would have yanked Mac after the pick-six throw that got called back. I think in a game or two people will realize that it's Mac's job for the rest of the season barring injury, so the boo birds will give up.

I am supremely confident that the greatest QB in franchise history is up to the task. Mac loves it when there is a chip on his shoulder.

And after a bit of a behavioral correction, I believe that @crawhammer agrees with me.
He loves it so much, he KEEPS throwing it to the other team, hoping for more Boos and calls for his job.
I get your schtick, but RIDONKULOUS doesn't work.
He needs to be a LOT Better.

For many reasons, it’s also sad. Every game is essentially an away game for the kid, which is just ridiculous.
I agree . It's not fair. Imagine 50,000 people booing against you and they are supposed to be your supporters. With rival fans there is always the urge to get back at them, but what do you do when your fanbase hates you or wants you out.

It's really saddening. I hope we have some all weather fans supporting Mac and boosting him up. If I am in Boston I would gladly do that , but based in Texas .

He might not be the franchise QB. But give him a fighting chance to redeem or prove himself.

That pick6, which I honestly believe should have counted, was enough for me to basically turn on Mac. I truly believe we would have lost if it stood. I want him to succeed but he is getting worse and I don't think Matt P is to blame.

Being a 1st rd pick, especially at QB, brings HIGH expectations.
Right or wrong doesn't really matter, it is what it is.
Hopefully he's tough enough to handle it, and he should be after what he dealt with at Ala.

Just hoping he plays better.

For many reasons, it’s also sad. Every game is essentially an away game for the kid, which is just ridiculous.
He should just throw the ball to the dirt! He threw another ball straight to a Jets defender again and he was lucky he dropped it. It was exact play from the Steelers game. Something is not right with this head or hand eye coordination. Did Tom House mess him up or something? I don't see NFL QBs make these throws I keep seeing Mac making. It is insulting to see it and hear some posters here say I don't know what I am seeing. I am seeing a QB, with time, throwing straight at stationary defenders who are dropping his gifts. That is not any coaches doing.

I agree . It's not fair. Imagine 50,000 people booing against you and they are supposed to be your supporters. With rival fans there is always the urge to get back at them, but what do you do when your fanbase hates you or wants you out.

It's really saddening. I hope we have some all weather fans supporting Mac and boosting him up. If I am in Boston I would gladly do that , but based in Texas .

He might not be the franchise QB. But give him a fighting chance to redeem or prove himself.
Don't get me wrong, obviously he's a pro and it's part of the gig - doesn't change the fact that it's still a little surprising it's come to this. Obviously, the title was one of those rare occasions where I pushed the envelope a little more than normal. But the point of the article was that he's facing the same challenge now wherever he plays, whether it's right or wrong.

Hopefully, he's up for it because one part I left off was that his future is also riding on this and will certainly be altered if he can't get himself back on track. Like I've said in here a few times, Zappe's audition was good enough where he'll get another shot if it doesn't go well. If it gets to that point, all bets will be off.

There's a very easy fix to this. Be a baller. That'll shut up the crowd.

His #s have gone down dramatically from last season, and those were, well ok. I'll blame the sophomore slump. Or the OC. Or the OL. Or not enough PA. Or his time w/ Tom House. Yea, that's it. It's Tom Houses's fault. He messed up his inner chi.

IDK, if Bill wanted to keep the pot boiling he would have yanked Mac after the pick-six throw that got called back. I think in a game or two people will realize that it's Mac's job for the rest of the season barring injury, so the boo birds will give up.
Yep. I'm certainly not booing him. I thought fans were disappontingly Jet-like that day. But he just hasn't played well enough this year. We need to see what he can do, what he can take and prevail.

He loves it so much, he KEEPS throwing it to the other team, hoping for more Boos and calls for his job.
I get your schtick, but RIDONKULOUS doesn't work.
He needs to be a LOT Better.
Calm down, my guy. You're about to pop a blood vessel.

I think it's going to be a game by game evaluation for Mac. I don't think they are going to allow him to stink up the joint he should be looking over his shoulder. And if he ever get's an injury and Zappe goes in and performs decent I bet he loses the Starting job. The Balls in Mac's court its his move stink and you're out.

Don't get me wrong, obviously he's a pro and it's part of the gig - doesn't change the fact that it's still a little surprising it's come to this. Obviously, the title was one of those rare occasions where I pushed the envelope a little more than normal. But the point of the article was that he's facing the same challenge now wherever he plays, whether it's right or wrong.

Hopefully, he's up for it because one part I left off was that his future is also riding on this and will certainly be altered if he can't get himself back on track. Like I've said in here a few times, Zappe's audition was good enough where he'll get another shot if it doesn't go well. If it gets to that point, all bets will be off.
I would like to see Mac start hitting those well paid Patriots TE's over the middle early and often. I am sure BB is disappointed with current returns not what he paid for is it them or my QB?? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I read your article. I found these sentences fascinating:

"That could have been just the play he needed to potentially quiet an angry mob that was just waiting for the other shoe to drop."

"Every game is basically a road game where he’ll be playing these final nine contests in front of a hostile crowd, with the only people he can count on to have his back being the guys on his own sideline."

"Jones will spend two straight games battling the home crowd as he tries to get two key wins against both Indianapolis and a rematch against the Jets,"

"With the crowd likely amped up for that one, Jones may as well treat that one as if he’s playing in Western New York since the objective either way will be the same."

"Until then, he can probably expect Gillette Stadium to be just as hostile than any other venue he’ll compete in for the rest of the season."

Who do you think these hostile angry mob fans are? Are the pro-Brady fans? Pro-Zappe? Anti-Bill? Why are they acting like that, specifically against Mac? It's not like Mac is the only one that sucked that night.

Poor baby Mac.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back