PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Dan Orlovsky Has a “Massive” Issue He Feels Patriots Mac Jones is Faced With in 2022

I think losing MacDaniels hurts, but Hoyer has so much experience in the system that he will be the guy next to Jones on the bench this season. It’s just one of those hurdles NFL QB’s have to get over to become great.

I think losing MacDaniels hurts
It really doesn't. McDaniels held the offense back last year IMO. There is a reason Kraft is coming out talking about how they are making changes to get Agholor and Smith involved more next season. That was all on McDaniels. Even he basically self-admitted he did a **** job getting Smith involved.

It’s better to play conservative with a rookie QB then the alternative…by a country mile.

It really doesn't. McDaniels held the offense back last year IMO. There is a reason Kraft is coming out talking about how they are making changes to get Agholor and Smith involved more next season. That was all on McDaniels. Even he basically self-admitted he did a **** job getting Smith involved.

I agree that he did a poor job with Smith, but he did a really good job with Jones.

This article may have some good points, but there is nothing that a 12 year old sports fan couldn't come up with. Did chicken little contribute any content? It is not like early Bledsoe having to learn entirely new offenses year after year. At least Mac will have Caley, Hoyer and most of the playbook from last year. He is also a student of the game and understands the strategy behind the game plan. No doubt he will miss his first year mentor, I don't think this is the biggest obstacle for Mac to reach the next level.

Hoyer and Nick Caley it is. It's a risk but guess Bill knows what he is doing. If lightning strikes again we got our Welker back in parker.

The Giants Offense had some Good pieces that went to hell under Judge. S Barkley - a good WR his names slipping me and Daniel Jones is not a bad young QB. I'm not making any excuses for Judge that's why he was fired.

Barkley was hardly on the field, and Daniel Jones IS (to this point) a bad young QB. He's been in the league three years now. After three years you can no longer go by his potential coming out of college. And, for all the hand wringing about the god awful 3rd and 9 kneel down (and make no mistake, it WAS atrocious), they were on their 3rd string QB at that point, which was a guy not even good enough to BACKUP a sub par QB like Daniel Jones. Judge deserves a ton of blame for his failure as a head coach, but that team was definitely not a good head coach away from competing talent-wise.

There's a lot of assumption around the sports media about who's doing what. And I get it, because Bill isn't going to publish a newsletter each week detailing who had what responsibilities, so it leaves everything open to speculation. But every time I see someone vomiting up their lunch while saying, "oH So FAT MatT IZ OC NOW!!!????!!??!" I shake my head. There's been NO indication that Patricia is the OC. There's been NO indication that Judge is the OC. They're on the offensive staff, and barring bringing in a guy like O'Brien that they'd know can come in day 1 and take over everything that McDaniels did, there was no way they were asking one guy to take all the roles.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't, but people are jumping the outrage gun here by a mile.

Last edited:
There's a lot of assumption around the sports media about who's doing what. And I get it, because Bill isn't going to publish a newsletter each week detailing who had what responsibilities, so it leaves everything open to speculation. But every time I see someone vomiting up their lunch while saying, "oH So FAT MatT IZ OC NOW!!!????!!??!" I shake my head. There's been NO indication that Patricia is the OC. There's been NO indication that Judge is the OC. They're on the offensive staff, and barring bringing in a guy like O'Brien that they'd know can come in day 1 and take over everything that McDaniels did, there was no one they were asking one guy to take all the roles.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't, but people are jumping the outrage gun here by a mile.
I can't figure out what people are talking about either. Ryan Clark was talking about what huge failures these coaches were at their specialties. "Judge failed with special teams, Patricia failed with defense; they can't even coach their specialties, how are they going to coach offense?"

It's either idiotic or just being said to get people worked up.

I can't figure out what people are talking about either. Ryan Clark was talking about what huge failures these coaches were at their specialties. "Judge failed with special teams, Patricia failed with defense; they can't even coach their specialties, how are they going to coach offense?"

I don't understand it either, it has to be for sensationalism (and seems to be working I guess). I can ALMOST understand with Patricia, because a lot of people don't like the optics of his defenses when he was DC here, and I think they look at 28 points allowed in Super Bowl 51 and A) forget that 7 of those points were on a pick 6, and B) ignore the defense's contributions to the comeback in favor of saying, "Well Brady just bailed them out."

But Judge makes NO sense. ST were a major strength of this team while he was here, and while they weren't bad in year one under Achord, the consistency wasn't there in year two. Either way, both guys were respected enough at their positions to earn head coach jobs. You don't get that if everyone thinks you "failed".

I don't understand it either, it has to be for sensationalism (and seems to be working I guess). I can ALMOST understand with Patricia, because a lot of people don't like the optics of his defenses when he was DC here, and I think they look at 28 points allowed in Super Bowl 51 and A) forget that 7 of those points were on a pick 6, and B) ignore the defense's contributions to the comeback in favor of saying, "Well Brady just bailed them out."

But Judge makes NO sense. ST were a major strength of this team while he was here, and while they weren't bad in year one under Achord, the consistency wasn't there in year two. Either way, both guys were respected enough at their positions to earn head coach jobs. You don't get that if everyone thinks you "failed".
I think the point Clark is making is that Giants' special teams were bad and that Lions' defense was bad.

I think the point Clark is making is that Giants' special teams were bad and that Lions' defense was bad.

Ah, thank you. That makes a bit more sense, but still ignores the differences between being a head coach and a coordinator. But still, more valid than point I was assuming.

They failed so badly at those that they got made head coaches. As a head coach the job is totally different. Part of it is handling staff and letting your subordinates do their jobs. Seems quite possible that as head coaches they couldn’t resist meddling in their speciality areas and as a result the players didn’t know who was really coaching their group. Too many cooks. Anyway tha5 all has nothing to do with how they’ll do working for BB this year.

He's not wrong. The Patriots are in need of a new OC and possibly a QB coach to really coach up young Mac Jones. The thing is that Mac played almost like a veteran as a rookie, so I'm not as concerned. But it would really help his development to have top tier guys there to help him grow as a QB. Has BB put out some feelers for people to fill those positions yet or who do we have currently? Not really feeling the idea of Matt Patricia as our OC when his specialty has been defense for over 5 years now.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back