PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Daily Patriots News & NFL Notes: 5 Things to Know For 4/27

Does Betard also have a dog that consults him during the draft? Because a ****ing LB at 21 without any ****ing kind of trade-down is ****ing Nike-at-the-2020-draft bad.

The problem I have with the other scenario is that, while I do believe they need to find a way to acquire a couple more 2023 picks, they do nothing to acquire another Day 2 pick this year... Bill needs to call JAX & Houston too...

I wouldn't begin to look for Romeo until after Day 3 begins; his inability to work out at all during the draft process makes him a Day 2 Untouchable.

Mr Bruton is correct that Wynn/Lose is indeed better-suited at Left Guard than at Left Tackle (don't think he's a Right Tackle either), but we don't have even close to the kind of depth on the OL that would allow the Pats to trade him now.

Does Betard also have a dog that consults him during the draft? Because a ****ing LB at 21 without any ****ing kind of trade-down is ****ing Nike-at-the-2020-draft bad.

The problem I have with the other scenario is that, while I do believe they need to find a way to acquire a couple more 2023 picks, they do nothing to acquire another Day 2 pick this year... Bill needs to call JAX & Houston too...

I wouldn't begin to look for Romeo until after Day 3 begins; his inability to work out at all during the draft process makes him a Day 2 Untouchable.

Mr Bruton is correct that Wynn/Lose is indeed better-suited at Left Guard than at Left Tackle (don't think he's a Right Tackle either), but we don't have even close to the kind of depth on the OL that would allow the Pats to trade him now.
You wouldn't like it if the Pats possibly scored a LB that could cover sideline to sideline at 21?

This defense has been in dire need of that for many years.

If you believe someone like Devin Lloyd is the next Parsons or Darius Leonard (I've seen that as his NFL comp) and you leave him sitting there in a draft that is, IMHO, full of average talent spread without consensus through rounds 2.5-7-UDFA and you pass on the pick, you'll regret it forever.

The Pats have 3 missing pieces on D from where I'm sitting: a big DT to take on two OL, a top-end sideline-to-sideline LB, and a top cover corner who can eliminate the other team's #2 WR (maybe Butler, but he's older).

I would be thrilled with Lloyd at 21 (unless they ignored Davis or a top CB to nab him).

If you believe someone like Devin Lloyd is the next Parsons or Darius Leonard (I've seen that as his NFL comp) and you leave him sitting there in a draft that is, IMHO, full of average talent spread without consensus through rounds 2.5-7-UDFA and you pass on the pick, you'll regret it forever.

The Pats have 3 missing pieces on D from where I'm sitting: a big DT to take on two OL, a top-end sideline-to-sideline LB, and a top cover corner who can eliminate the other team's #2 WR (maybe Butler, but he's older).

I would be thrilled with Lloyd at 21 (unless they ignored Davis or a top CB to nab him).
Agree, but they need one more competent pass rusher opposite Judon.

Agree, but they need one more competent pass rusher opposite Judon.
Hightower or Flowers.

After the first couple, this year there isn't an EDGE guy out there who looks better to me coming out than the last few - Wino, Uche, Perkins, Jennings - they drafted, three of whom are still on the team.

You wouldn't like it if the Pats possibly scored a LB that could cover sideline to sideline at 21?

This defense has been in dire need of that for many years.

Devin Lloyd is NOT the next Parsons.

Devin Lloyd is NOT the next Parsons.
As with every high end recruit, we don’t know until we know.

Note that I said “if you believe.”

I think Lloyd is the best in a pretty good LB class at this point.

Don't want him or Anyone Else at that position Anywhere during the draft... Y'all sign your precious LBs & RBs & ****ing Safeties as UDFAs all you want; but leave the draft picks for REAL needs.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back