PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Belichick The Coach Not Pleased With Belichick the GM Questions

This is just my own thoughts I'm throwing at the wall, but it seems like the Pats may have made it known they weren't trading Mac, which is why they didn't get any calls. I have a hard time imagining the situation where Bill trades Mac and goes through the rest of the season with Zappe. Not when he's still trying to win.
That could be true. It likely was probably ownership making it emphatic that he wasn't to be moved. I hear people say tank. Honestly I don't think they have to try hard. I like you want them to turn it around. But every time we have hope.. the air gets let out the balloon.

I think his answers are fine and the annoyance of getting asked the same thing multiple times over multiple weeks is fair. As HC and GM he's an orchestrator of both coaching and personnel, which he points out. Time keeps on ticking so even when something like the trade deadline comes around he can't sit around. He can communicate positions or players of interest to the personnel department, let them do some legwork on costs or feasibility, and then let them get back to him.

And I wish he had said just that... But Bill... just... can't... words... secrets...

c28a0000-0aff-0242-3bfb-08d9eb0508a3_w650_r1_s.jpg
You win the internet today! This made me laugh so hard.

Would have been all time if you replaced their faces lol

I know I'll get voted down for this, but as we saw in the Bills game, the roster he built was probably good enough... as long as nothing went wrong. Like everything had to go just right for this team to succeed.

The injuries at Oline and then to key parts of the defense just did us in. Mac can't concentrate on his fundamentals when he's convinced he's going to get creamed on every play. The WRs don't get enough separation for Mac to get them the ball with his mistimed and out of sync throws.

And yeah, he should have built the team better, with more depth. Most of that is on too many draft picks that just didn't work out. But I doubt you'll get him to admit that. In his mind, the team he built can win. As long as nothing goes wrong.
I can find you a 100 games where a crappy team beat a good team. One good game does not mean anything. You are what your record says you are. Everything else is just window dressing.

I think his answers are fine and the annoyance of getting asked the same thing multiple times over multiple weeks is fair. As HC and GM he's an orchestrator of both coaching and personnel, which he points out. Time keeps on ticking so even when something like the trade deadline comes around he can't sit around. He can communicate positions or players of interest to the personnel department, let them do some legwork on costs or feasibility, and then let them get back to him.
His answere are not fine but I have to admit a bit funny this time (staring). They never were even when we were winning. Nobody cared for obvious reasons.

He keeps getting asked this question because it seems like he would die if he gave a straight answer. If he says I have a personnel team that handles that side of things and I have final say on things or whatever the situation is. Then those questions would stop.

About the trade deadline, any other NFL coach/GM in his position would give a reason; e.g. we did not get the value we wanted or we think we can still make the playoffs.

But no he has to be his ******* self and think he is above answering questions to answers about things fans want to know.

This is just my own thoughts I'm throwing at the wall, but it seems like the Pats may have made it known they weren't trading Mac, which is why they didn't get any calls. I have a hard time imagining the situation where Bill trades Mac and goes through the rest of the season with Zappe. Not when he's still trying to win.
How do we know who called about who or who didn't call. They never tell us anything so why make stuff up? BTW Bill is just being Bill, the same Bill everyone loved for 20 years and now he's an a-hole?

His answere are not fine but I have to admit a bit funny this time (staring). They never were even when we were winning. Nobody cared for obvious reasons.

He keeps getting asked this question because it seems like he would die if he gave a straight answer. If he says I have a personnel team that handles that side of things and I have final say on things or whatever the situation is. Then those questions would stop.

About the trade deadline, any other NFL coach/GM in his position would give a reason; e.g. we did not get the value we wanted or we think we can still make the playoffs.

But no he has to be his ******* self and think he is above answering questions to answers about things fans want to know.
Isn't that what he said?

If the rumor’s were true about a 5th I would of taken it at this point. Really don’t want to see them overpay for the guy next year. Every player will try to maximize his value and they should. The only way they get a team friendly deal for him is if the market isn’t there. There is aways a market for front 7 lineman who have pass rushing ability and upside. There aren’t a lot of these types of players so imo someone will overpay or maybe get a steal.
That does cover the full range pretty well doesn’t it.

so here’s a question that occurs to me, about overpaying. There’s a scale defining draft pick values, to evaluate trades of picks. What’s the similar scale for comparing trades of players for draft picks and the salaries of those players?

is a player with an expiring contract traded for a fifth round pick worth a middle market deal? Or a bottom of the market deal? How does that change if the trade compensation is a sixth? A fourth?

in short, just what is “overpaying”?

Isn't that what he said?
You are inferring that based on what you know. He said we talk when we have things to talk about. It is a non sensical answer that could mean anything.

That does cover the full range pretty well doesn’t it.

so here’s a question that occurs to me, about overpaying. There’s a scale defining draft pick values, to evaluate trades of picks. What’s the similar scale for comparing trades of players for draft picks and the salaries of those players?

is a player with an expiring contract traded for a fifth round pick worth a middle market deal? Or a bottom of the market deal? How does that change if the trade compensation is a sixth? A fourth?

in short, just what is “overpaying”?
I don’t know the answer to overpaying. You see contracts all the time that are wtf;&. Look at kirk’s deal with Jville. Then a year or two pass by and it seems like not as bad due to inflation or whatever. Wise is making 5,500 avg per season, does Uche deserve twice as much? 3 or 4 times as much? I don’t think I’d want them doubling that number for someone who has done very little. He’s not even been able to step up in Judon’s absence.

Anyway, it’s not my money so I really shouldn’t care what they do with it. Guys been around long enough where you think we’d know? I’m probably just full of ****.

You are inferring that based on what you know. He said we talk when we have things to talk about. It is a non sensical answer that could mean anything.
He's said 1000 times over the years it all falls on him, he hasn't changed that and he mentioned the personnel side handles that side of things. He's said it just last week like that on his weekly radio interview.

He sure can't handle the heat when he's confronted with questions like this. Deferring to the "personnel department" is just ridiculous at this point.
Seems to me he's been relieved of some duties which have been handed to the "personnel department" even if he has the final sign off. We heard rumours about that in the off-season. BB seems to be making that distinction himself now since he doesn't want to be blamed for poor decisions made at the newly empowered "personnel department" before they come to him. He wants to be absolved of any blame.

Seems to me he's been relieved of some duties which have been handed to the "personnel department" even if he has the final sign off. We heard rumours about that in the off-season. BB seems to be making that distinction himself now since he doesn't want to be blamed for poor decisions made at the newly empowered "personnel department" before they come to him. He wants to be absolved of any blame.
It's about time you've returned. We need reinforcements.

How about “we had lots of discussions with other teams but could not get what we thought was fair value”

Instead of the “personnel department” bullcrap

He was just trying and succeeding at being an a-hole
Have some respect for the fans and paying customers
Yeah agree.. I don't know what the big secret is.. it was all fun and games during the winning with his interviews.. now it's annoying.. like there is no advantage an opponent needs to beat us. Just don't get it.. his title that he asked for was HC/GM..

Let the people know Bill!!

And I wish he had said just that... But Bill... just... can't... words... secrets...
The longer we go on losing the more interesting it gets seeing Bill's rumpswabs spinning around trying to make the **** sandwich he gave this team into a tasty little treat.

Here's a little tidbit. Bill Belichick has had 8 losing seasons in 29 years. Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin have been in this league for 43 years combined and they've had 3 losing seasons and never had Brady.

If not for **** Rehbein Bill might not have any rings as a HC.

If not for **** Rehbein Bill might not have any rings as a HC
That’s probably very true. But BB deserves credit for keeping Brady on the 53 in 2000. He knew he would have been scooped up. He was fourth string of my memory is correct.

How do we know who called about who or who didn't call. They never tell us anything so why make stuff up? BTW Bill is just being Bill, the same Bill everyone loved for 20 years and now he's an a-hole?
I have a friend who spent the last 20 years trying to ask Bill questions and he never loved Bill or even liked him. Neither do I because Bill was an a-hole when they were winning and he's an a-hole now.

Bill Belichick, along with Kraft, Patricia, Daboll and McDaniels all owe everything to Tom Brady. Without him they're average or below average and their records show that clearly. Too bad those fools (and apparently some fans here) think that they were the reason for the success of the Pats.

Speaking of which, is it a coincidence that the 3 worst offenses in the NYFL are all coached by Bill and his understudies. How much more proof do people need that time has passed by Bill and his methods?

And now, Bill doesn't think that he owes the fans any answers. I can't wait for him to be gone so the team can move forward into the future. Maybe we'll get a HC with a personality and an appreciation for the fans.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back