Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
run

Control the clock

Good D

Steelers looking all dome all world... could see them in Atlanta if they keep this up

Geesh... we're a game plan team. 300 yards rushing one week, no-huddle hurry-up w 400 yards passing the next. Yes, we can still do either. We can't depend on running all over some of the potential playoff opponents.

Geesh... we're a game plan team. 300 yards rushing one week, no-huddle hurry-up w 400 yards passing the next. Yes, we can still do either. We can't depend on running all over some of the potential playoff opponents.
No pass attack right now

No pass attack right now

you run for 300 yards, you aren't going to get in a rhythm.

One INT bounced off Gronk's hand
The other, the defender grabbed Burkhead to launch himself for the INT- clearly missed holding
Burkhead's fumble didn't help either

Tough to implement the SB25 game plan with this defense. Although LT is a UFA and he may be an upgrade compared to what we have....

Implementing a strategy from a game where we lost 46-10 is not one of your worst ideas.

Implementing a strategy from a game where we lost 46-10 is not one of your worst ideas.
46-10 was SB XX. I think he's referring to Belichick's defense in SB 25 Bills vs Giants where he supposedly said that if Thurman Thomas runs for 100 yards, the Giants will win...which they did thanks to 'wide right'.. That game was designed to slow down the offenses and burn clock limiting the Bills total number of possessions....

I think that was Super Bowl XX, Super Bowl XXV was Bills vs. Giants, where Parcells had the Giants run the ball incessantly to control the clock and keep the high-flying Bills' K-gun offense off the field. BB also put a ton of guys in the secondary and forced the Bills to run Thurman Thomas constantly. Worked quite well

I wouldn’t give up on the pass game. If something is bothering Brady now that could heal over a bye week that alone would make a huge difference. Gronk is down now but in Miami he really had a great game and looked headed in the right direction, dunno whats up with him yesterdsy but i did hear he was double/triple teamed in Pitt. White has been electric when hes been used but it looks like they have been saving him for the postseason. Edelman is putting up consistent #s, just the dropsies and poor penalties, hope he snaps out of it.

We still haven’t seen a complete game out this team but weve seen flashes of each phase throughout the year, including the pass game. Just need to develop more consistency in each.

That said, if youre right, the run game has looked good enough at times this year. Allen’s health will be key though ive heard nothing on how major that injury is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes