PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

Feel the same way, the players run the league and decide what team/city gets to win the championship. And some teams like the lakers have an un-fair advantage in getting players.

"Tinseltown" is an attractive location to some.. it is that shiny beads thing. Maybe they will get a bit part in a movie or commercial.. less about basketball and more about promoting their "brand"..

I did. Bruins seemingly got a solid C so thats a good thing.
Seems like a solid prospect. All he needs is 20 more pounds and the ability to grow facial hair.

I'm piling on Cryrie. I don't think I've despised a player for the local teams this much in a long time. I blame him completely for this crap season.

"Kyrie Irving didn't like Boston," MacMullan said. "I've been told this by many people. He didn't like living in Boston. He just didn't. By the end, he had issues with Brad [Stevens]. By the end, he had issues with Danny [Ainge]. By the end, he had issues with pretty much all of us."

MacMullan: 'Kyrie Irving didn't like Boston'

Co-sign. I think I want to get tickets for the first game he comes back just so I can personally boo the #%! out of him.
All he needed to do was be a good dude and a good leader. He did neither.

Selfish. Insecure. Egomaniac.

In all aspects, he fell flat on his face.

I think the tipping point for me was when he yelled at Stevens and Tatum at the end of a game, and then called LeBron after.

Now, that could’ve been a good thing… to say that he had really screwed up the way he was trying to lead and was going to try to do better. But no, he actually called himself a “real man” for reaching out, and he said something about how the young guys just “didn’t get it” yet. Young guys who had gone to the brink of the finals without him the year before, and didn’t need him now. Well, they could’ve used a leader, but they certainly didn’t need him.

So, what was played as him trying to become a better leader was really just him passive aggressively continuing to pile on the rest of his teammates, while elevating himself in his eyes. What an absolute catastrophe.

I think the tipping point for me was when he yelled at Stevens and Tatum at the end of a game, and then called LeBron after.

Now, that could’ve been a good thing… to say that he had really screwed up the way he was trying to lead and was going to try to do better. But no, he actually called himself a “real man” for reaching out, and he said something about how the young guys just “didn’t get it” yet. Young guys who had gone to the brink of the finals without him the year before, and didn’t need him now. Well, they could’ve used a leader, but they certainly didn’t need him.

So, what was played as him trying to become a better leader was really just him passive aggressively continuing to pile on the rest of his teammates, while elevating himself in his eyes. What an absolute catastrophe.
I hate him for what happened to this season.

This article sums up what an ass he is from a CLE beatwriter.
Report: Kyrie Irving Was Self-Centered, Distant, and 'Moody' During Time on Cavs | Cavaliers Nation

I have no problem with Cryie having a heated conversation with Stevens or Tatum but it needs to be...

1) Behind closed doors
2) Constructive, and not personal or accusatory
3) Both sides leaving the meeting fully committal to improvement with measurable outcomes

I think Stevens is still a damn good coach and certainly can improve but if a player like Cryrie only wants to do things on his terms (like the article alluded to) and not partner with the HC, how can you work with someone like that? Maybe someone like a 1998 Phil Jackson could have handled Cryrie but I dunna know...

I really think Cryrie leaving makes the team less talented but better and thats OK.

If they can find a way to land Vucevic they immediately are back to being a solid 50 win team easy.

I hate him for what happened to this season.

This article sums up what an ass he is from a CLE beatwriter.
Report: Kyrie Irving Was Self-Centered, Distant, and 'Moody' During Time on Cavs | Cavaliers Nation

I have no problem with Cryie having a heated conversation with Stevens or Tatum but it needs to be...

1) Behind closed doors
2) Constructive, and not personal or accusatory
3) Both sides leaving the meeting fully committal to improvement with measurable outcomes

I think Stevens is still a damn good coach and certainly can improve but if a player like Cryrie only wants to do things on his terms (like the article alluded to) and not partner with the HC, how can you work with someone like that? Maybe someone like a 1998 Phil Jackson could have handled Cryrie but I dunna know...

I really think Cryrie leaving makes the team less talented but better and thats OK.

If they can find a way to land Vucevic they immediately are back to being a solid 50 win team easy.
I think there are a lot of moves yet to come.

Irving is a tortured soul who is likely going to crawl back to Lebron.....I think the nets are going to go in a different direction since they can’t fill out the rest of the equation. I think he’s not going to wind up in the east anyway.....too many GMs are now leery of his act.

As for booing him......I wouldn’t waste my energy.....he would probably think we are jealous or something

As for leadership, he isn’t one.....real leaders extend themselves the way Brady did when he took josh Gordon out to dinner

I hope they can find a way to keep Al, because that group minus Hayward was a game from beating LeBron. I’d be excited to watch that. If not, to me, need a smooth-passing big.

Al Horford is 33 and has an offer of $112M over four years from the Mavericks. He's gone. Danny Ainge is absolutely right to let him go at his age and that kind of money. He has a terrific young group of players, just added hard-nosed perimeter defenders in the draft to go with Smart, Brown and Tatum. 7' Vucevic at 28 is a better bet on a three- or four-year deal.

As constituted right now, the Celtics could be the best perimeter defending team in the NBA, and has a lot of finishers in transition. That's a problem for everyone in the East.

Trading Aron Baynes was a headscratcher to me. He was a solid team player, did the dirty work underneath and wanted to play in Boston. Danny Ainge has a backup plan for a 5 that may happen on June 30 when free agency begins or may not unfold until September when rosters start to shape up.

Now watch as the raptors don’t even make the playoffs next year

Al Horford is 33 and has an offer of $112M over four years from the Mavericks. He's gone. Danny Ainge is absolutely right to let him go at his age and that kind of money. He has a terrific young group of players, just added hard-nosed perimeter defenders in the draft to go with Smart, Brown and Tatum. 7' Vucevic at 28 is a better bet on a three- or four-year deal.

As constituted right now, the Celtics could be the best perimeter defending team in the NBA, and has a lot of finishers in transition. That's a problem for everyone in the East.

Trading Aron Baynes was a headscratcher to me. He was a solid team player, did the dirty work underneath and wanted to play in Boston. Danny Ainge has a backup plan for a 5 that may happen on June 30 when free agency begins or may not unfold until September when rosters start to shape up.

Baynes was a cap clear because they probably already have a deal with someone like vucevic....they moved him when they could otherwise they are stuck with the salary and he’s not relevant to the current team as constructed

In retrospect, I think the tipping point was Irving’s dismay at the level of success the Cs had in last years playoffs without him.....it was so bad he could not bear to watch the Cs possibly beat the Cavs in game 7.....in retrospect from that point there was no way but down....people can try to blame Hayward’s existence but that’s crap....it was all about Irving’s toxicity polluting the team

Bring in vucevic .....then bring deandre Jordan in for low $.....resign Rozier and off we go

Baynes was a cap clear because they probably already have a deal with someone like vucevic....they moved him when they could otherwise they are stuck with the salary and he’s not relevant to the current team as constructed

I hope you're right about having a deal in place. The big guy in Memphis - Valanciunas , I think - is also a younger 7' free agent who would stabilize things a bit. But they still need a backup center unless they think last year's pick - Robert Williams - is ready. He didn't show us anything his rookie year and is a flake.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back