PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry being put on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously not what you’re looking for for a rookie (or anybody), but the positive spin is that he’s less likely to hit the rookie wall, gives Meyers a bit more of a shot possibly, and he still has a perfectly good chance to contribute down the stretch and in the playoffs, which is when the Patriots’ season really starts anyway.

OT, I’m feeling like Josh Gordon is going to be here for the whole season. Why do I think that? Is it just wishful thinking? It doesn’t seem like there’s anything to really base that on, but that’s the way I’m feeling right now.

I bet some of the people who post here wear a helmet 24/7

I kinda get the sense they actually want Harry to fail, so they'll have more fodder to justify their miserable existence.

he was going to be there redzone target making the contested catches

More or less filling the void left by Gronk.

A Randy Moss type. Brady put up 50 TDs with a player like that.

Yup, I was waiting to see Washington this year, but all reports are that Pitt hit on another WR.

He had 16 catches for 217 yards and a TD his rookie season.

If Washington has already hit as a WR and Harry has already failed, then it's obvious your basing your opinions on pre-existing expectations of both players/teams.

Pittsburgh WR catches a pass: they did it again!!!

NE WR drops pass or misses some practice time: another bust!! Just add him to the list!!

He had 16 catches for 217 yards and a TD his rookie season.

If Washington has already hit as a WR and Harry has already failed, then it's obvious your basing your opinions on pre-existing expectations of both players/teams.

Pittsburgh WR catches a pass: they did it again!!!

NE WR drops pass or misses some practice time: another bust!! Just add him to the list!!
Yes

Washington did not put up big numbers with Juju and Brown on the roster.

Didn't you follow that situation last season?

Basically, Brown was fighting with Ben for looking Jujus way when Brown is supposed to be the star of the show. Juju was taking away from Brown.

Washington now moves into Jujus slot and all reports are that it's gone real well. Sure it remains to be seen, but Pitts track record speaks for itself when it comes to finding WRs.

The first round pick is injured every year. No big surprises there. Wish it had not happened but I have great news. There’s always the Buffalo ps and or Popeyes. Everything is cool

Pitts track record speaks for itself when it comes to finding WRs.
Great, how many super bowls have they won in the last 20 years?

Pittsburgh is saddled with Tomlin who has wasted Ben's career.

All that talent and only 1 championship to show for it.

No but you need to count all of Pitt's WR draft picks since 2000 and come up with success % on the picks.

Hint: Pitt has drafted WRs at a rate 3X that of NE

Still their overall Drafting have been better and thats's a FACT they rarely have a Flame-out Drafts. The difference for the Patriots have been the GOAT of QB's and HC's.

Yeah

Pro bowl numbers

Yes, because all 53 players on a salary cap roster are supposed to be Pro Bowl players. :rolleyes:

It's a puzzle. Dorsett fits his piece extremely well. So do Brandon Bolden, Ted Karras, etc.

It's crucial on a 53 man roster that the #44 is the best #44 possible. One of BB's most famous quotes was about assembling a TEAM, not just collecting talent.

Anyone who doesn't understand the fundamental meaning of that quote does not understand the New England Patriots.

How many more would Brady had won with Pitt type WRs?
Why hasnt Pitt won more superbowls with Pitt type receivers?

Anyway, I thought they were building a team, not collecting talent. I could of sworn I read that someplace.

I think they could have drafted better, but as you can see from Pitt, it dosent get you rings. And there are other positions that have won us superbowls. So I am not sure why all the harping on WRs other than to just look for something to complain about and keep bringing it up as if you take joy in it.

Pitt can have all the "Best Wide Receivers in the NFL" trophies. We will take the Lombardis.
Thanks

Still their overall Drafting have been better and thats's a FACT they rarely have a Flame-out Drafts. The difference for the Patriots have been the GOAT of QB's and HC's.

I would bet anything that you have zero friends

I will just add it's nothing new but First Round WR's have a High Bust rate just saying. So if any Patriots fan think N Harry is just going to come off the pine Eight weeks later and miraculously click with Brady...I have a Brooklyn Bridge to sell ya.:rolleyes:

Yes

Washington did not put up big numbers with Juju and Brown on the roster.

Didn't you follow that situation last season?

Basically, Brown was fighting with Ben for looking Jujus way when Brown is supposed to be the star of the show. Juju was taking away from Brown.

Washington now moves into Jujus slot and all reports are that it's gone real well. Sure it remains to be seen, but Pitts track record speaks for itself when it comes to finding WRs.

You're admitting you expect Pittsburgh WRs to succeed because of history. You're admitting you expect New England WRs to fail because of history. I get it, but again, you're clearly swaying your opinion in the direction you expect. And I'm not denying the history of either team. But if that's all it took, Megatron should have been a complete flop in Detroit. Did you see the 1st round WRs they took before him?

I will just add it's nothing new but First Round WR's have a High Bust rate just saying. So if any Patriots fan think N Harry is just going to come off the pine Eight weeks later and miraculously click with Brady...I have a Brooklyn Bridge to sell ya.:rolleyes:
I think you meant to say that you live under a bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes