PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Myles Bryant

It's funny. Everyone thought early in the season that the secondary was the biggest weakness of this team. Now they have a near shut down CB, four solid to great safeties, and a pretty good CB on the other side.
1639076976239.png

I've mentioned Myles Bryant a couple of times in the last few weeks. He is another in a long group of UDFA DB's the Pats have developed over the last decade. It's really been quiet remarkable. Bryan't lack of length will limit his ceiling, but he's more than filled in at both the S and slot CB position this season.

Looking at his combine times, only his 6.8 3-cone time stood out. His 4.6 forty time and his 5'8" size kept him from being drafted. But here's the thing. There's track speed and game speed, and sometimes they are 2 different things. Bryant has the instincts and fearlessness to maximize his physical assets and make him look faster than what we'd expect from his forty time. As long as he's put into positions that protect his weaknesses, he will excel here in this system. I'm not sure he'd do as well elsewhere. He's been a Godsend since Jones went out. Really glad to have him here.
Ken - did you do a post game writeup of the Pats-Bills game? I look forward to it every week and I may have missed it.

Yeah, I think the pass Bryant broke up was going to fall incomplete, well behind the receiver, if it wasn't batted down. Would like to see an endzone angle to get a better feel for it.

Yeah, I think the pass Bryant broke up was going to fall incomplete, well behind the receiver, if it wasn't batted down. Would like to see an endzone angle to get a better feel for it.
It might’ve fallen incomplete, it might’ve been on the money, it might’ve been off target with the receiver making a highlight reel catch to win the game. we’ll never know. Doesn’t matter anyway. Bryant made sure It wasn’t caught.

What’s the point of speculating about it? All you do is diminish a great play. To what end?

It might’ve fallen incomplete, it might’ve been on the money, it might’ve been off target with the receiver making a highlight reel catch to win the game. we’ll never know. Doesn’t matter anyway. Bryant made sure It wasn’t caught.

What’s the point of speculating about it? All you do is diminish a great play. To what end?

Well said

Give the plumber a cookie. He listed a guy bottom on a list of 17 safety names in red. Let's forget how he was 100% wrong on Mac, Barmore, Karras, Onwenu, too many to name. PFF and Lazar are way better and it kills him that it's true

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back