PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Myles Bryant signs with Texans

I wonder how much he’s getting. He was alright last year but hopefully this is a show of faith in the other depth

Adequate back up
In that role i had nothing against

Bryant tackles were really good. Very tough to get DBs who do good open field tackles. I thought he played well last year somewhat a jennings level of resurgence.

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

Bryant might have been a JAG here but as a UDFA he was also a hella bargain. Over the course of 4 years he played in 55 games with 17 starts for a grand total of $4.8M. Unlike Trent Brown, Parker, Jonnu, and a host of others at least he didn't mail it in. He earned his money and then some, he certainly didn't leave here owing anybody anything.
Good luck to him.

Unless he's playing against the Pats, then he can ESAD like any other opponent

Last edited:
OK, fair enough.
==========
Who are our 5 current CB's who are better than Bryant?

Who is our #4 safety,

Who is our backup returner.
==========
Bryant performed all of these roles, and was "OK" when he needed to come in as a backup.

At corner, we start with GONZO and Jon Jones. I suppose that we are ready to count on Austiin and Marcus Jones, based on their extensive solid play so far. ???

So, arguably, we have 4 CB's.

Competing for CB#5 are Wade, Bolden, Marco Wilson, and Hearn.
============
I believe that based on his play in 2023, Bryant would have a been a major plus competing to be our #9 DB, as you say #5 CB and #5 S. With some luck, he wouldn't have made the team. He's made the team so far.
=======
I'm not campaigning for Bryant, only noting that there could have been a place for him, with not enough folks stepping up the their game to be beat him out for a roster spot.

Hawkins is the 4th safety, behind Duggars, Peppers, and Mapu.

Really funny how the anti Bill crowd really hates Bryant. He seemed ok to me, someone who could be upgraded but not the problem. Of course no one on defense was the problem last year, it was the qb and oline. IT will be really fun watching the same 5 or 6 posters this year and how difficult it will be for them to continue to ***** about how Bill is destroying the team when the team struggles. Hopefully they keep enlightening us with their amazing insite into the season.

Hawkins is the 4th safety, behind Duggars, Peppers, and Mapu.
Tell me this again after we sign a free safety. I would be shocked if the team considers Mapu their #3 safety.

I look forward to the signing of a free safety.

Adequate back up
In that role i had nothing against
Marco Wilson is likely the #5 CB. His contract has been restructured to make it more likely that he makes the 53.

I expect that Bolden is #6 for now, and Wade will finally be gone.

My HOPE is that we add a healthy Jackson.

This should make the Captain happy.

Somewhere @captain stone is like:

Happy Birthday Yes GIF

In the words of Chevy Chase aka Gerald Ford: Our long national nightmare is ovah.

But seriously folks... I and others were advocating his case as the #6 CB/Backup Slot to Jonathan Jones during his first training camp here in 2020, due in part because there was nobody else in the building fit for the role except fellow suck-ass UDFA from the previous year D'Angelo Ross (who's also with Little Nicky Cesar's team in Houston; the renewed competition between the two should be fierce, or something)... He peaked during the wind-storm at Barfalo in 2021, but it was all down-hill from there... and his benefactor Billy never tried to improve the position because he "liked" him too much...

His departure now pretty much guarantees that Jonathan Jones will return to the Slot this season, to be backed-up by his dwarf nephew Marcus the Midget.

Really funny how the anti Bill crowd really hates Bryant. He seemed ok to me, someone who could be upgraded but not the problem. Of course no one on defense was the problem last year, it was the qb and oline. IT will be really fun watching the same 5 or 6 posters this year and how difficult it will be for them to continue to ***** about how Bill is destroying the team when the team struggles. Hopefully they keep enlightening us with their amazing insite into the season.

Don't worry, we will... And pay attention this time; you might learn something.

Marco Wilson is likely the #5 CB. His contract has been restructured to make it more likely that he makes the 53.

I expect that Bolden is #6 for now, and Wade will finally be gone.

My HOPE is that we add a healthy Jackson.

No thanks.

In the words of Chevy Chase aka Gerald Ford: Our long national nightmare is ovah.

But seriously folks... I and others were advocating his case as the #6 CB/Backup Slot to Jonathan Jones during his first training camp here in 2020, due in part because there was nobody else in the building fit for the role except fellow suck-ass UDFA from the previous year D'Angelo Ross (who's also with Little Nicky Cesar's team in Houston; the renewed competition between the two should be fierce, or something)... He peaked during the wind-storm at Barfalo in 2021, but it was all down-hill from there... and his benefactor Billy never tried to improve the position because he "liked" him too much...

His departure now pretty much guarantees that Jonathan Jones will return to the Slot this season, to be backed-up by his dwarf nephew Marcus the Midget.
He was a serviceable guy down the depth chart, but you're right ... on times where he was asked to do more, it was always one extreme to the other. He either made a great play, or he got burned. Still, I appreciate the effort and wish him the best. Maybe he'll develop more in Houston and level out a bit, but hopefully, they continue to round out that part of the depth chart here because injuries have certainly been a thing at that spot the last few years.

He was a serviceable guy down the depth chart, but you're right ... on times where he was asked to do more, it was always one extreme to the other. He either made a great play, or he got burned. Still, I appreciate the effort and wish him the best. Maybe he'll develop more in Houston and level out a bit...

Don't know if he has any more developing to do at this point... He is who he is.

...but hopefully, they continue to round out that part of the depth chart here because injuries have certainly been a thing at that spot the last few years.

"Continue..."? Patsies haven't done Anything to address the CB position this offseason.

It ain't just the Anti-Bill crowd.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back