PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My thoughts on Sony Michel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched every Sony game at Georgia. He missed 5 games his freshman year due a fractured shoulder blade of all things.

After that, he played in 13 of 13 his sophomore year, 12 of 13 junior year, and 14 of 15 senior year. Lets keep the narrative that he’s “always” missing lots of games though..
He always had someone to take carries from him which will help this year with Harris filling the role Hill would’ve had last year. His injury history does still scare me regardless. He tore his ACL in high school, injured it against Auburn in the SECCG, sprained his ankle a few times, hurt the shoulder you mentioned then re-hurt it the next spring, then last year missed games with the knee. That’s not even counting breaking his arm in an ATV accident in college. I think if they manage him (it looks like they will) he will be fine but to act like he doesn’t have an injury history is untrue.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that Law Firm's 2010 season was better than Michel's rookie season, but Michel has more upside. Neither BJGE nor Michel have had many long runs, although I expect more as Sony's develops; his career is still young. Let's not downplay how solid the Law Firm was for us, however. He had more wiggle than we give him credit for in this thread.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Law Firm had a good year but was limited in what he could do.

He always had someone to take carries from him which will help this year with Harris filling the role Hill would’ve had last year. His injury history does still scare me regardless. He tore his ACL in high school, injured it against Auburn in the SECCG, sprained his ankle a few times, hurt the shoulder you mentioned then re-hurt it the next spring, then last year missed games with the knee. That’s not even counting breaking his arm in an ATV accident in college. I think if they manage him (it looks like they will) he will be fine but to act like he doesn’t have an injury history is untrue.
Merely stated that the idea that he’s always missed a lot of games is false.

Law Firm had a good year but was limited in what he could do.
Again, the Patriots do not win the Super Bowl without Sony Michel playing a major role. They don't even beat the Chargers.

Sony Michel had a historic playoff run. The kind of run BJGE could only dream about.

I like Michel...great rookie season limited by injuries, otherwise he runs for over 1,000 yards.

Watching him at Georgia I thought he looked quicker/faster/more explosive than what he showed last season but he looked stronger here. Didn't expect that. Not sure if that was because of his knee, or if the Patriots had him gain some size/weight (probably more the knee). I think he has good timing as a runner, balance and vision. I think he'll improve a lot as a receiver in year two...and once that happens? Watch out, because if this guy can stay healthy he's a dynamic weapon - a guy who won't have to come off the field. That's tough for a defense to worry about when your quarterback is Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3