PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Pics of Brandin Cooks' Dominance on 08.07.17

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here is Brady's first bomb to Cooks. Now he doesn't actually catch this one but notice how far behind the defense he is.
Cooks_INC.jpg

These next four shots are different stages of the Brady bomb to Cooks that was complete.
Cooks_catch.01.jpg
Cooks_catch.02.jpgCooks_catch.03.jpg Cooks_catch.04.jpg

Ok, now his best and most spectacular catch of the day. Brady throws one to him that is actually off target. In fact, the first pic shows Cooks right before the ball gets to him (appears to be thrown high). I mean, it's incredible looking at this pic and knowing he catches the ball. The second pic shows him snagging it one handed (the ball IS in his hands, it's kind of tough to see, but it's there, trust me).
Cook_catch2.01.jpg Cook_catch2.02.jpg

And here's the tail end shot of his last TD, again beating a Jags DB to the back of the end zone.
Cooks_catch3.jpg

and just for fun, here's three non-Cooks pics I took yesterday

Butler intercepting the ball (the ball is in his hands, not extremely noticeable but it's there)

Butler INT.jpg

Gilmore in coverage (pass was incomplete)
Gilmore.jpg

and an Edelman pic
Edelman.jpg

Great pics !

Doing my up and down dance, Cooks for a #1 pick, no. 32, is a no brainer.

More innovation by BB...

Cooks consistently gets behind the defense, be it 1/2 step or 2 steps. It seems like you have to get very physical, borderline holding, at the line of scrimmage to slow him down a bit. He also requires deep safety help, kind of like when DMac plays to not allow the long gain/score. All of this will open up the field for other players who aren't as spectacular (joke!), like Jules and Gronk and Mitchell and Dola and Hogan....somebody stop me! Do we have any running backs that can get out of the backfield and catch the ball on a check down or wheel route?
How many points can this offense score this year?
The only thing that can stop us (more like slow down) is a consistent pass rush (or defenses using 12 men) or injuries to the OLine.

It seems like you have to get very physical, borderline holding, at the line of scrimmage to slow him down a bit. .

I was thinking that, too, that the defensive strategy may be to jam him at the line. Of course if he slips by then it's all over.....because the defense won't be able to afford to double him every play with all the Pats weapons.

I'll be the first to admit, I tempered my expectations when we acquired Cooks. I mean, I know he's been a number one receiver in the Saints offense, but I wasn't sure if he would be slowed down by playing on a team with a lot of receiving options already and playing on grass. I was thinking I'd be happy with a Brandon Lloyd-ish 950 yards and 4 Tds in 2012.

In watching practice though it seems I set the bar pretty low because he doesn't appear to be 'another piece of the equation' he and Brady have a connection going that makes me believe he'll be a featured piece of the equation.

I'll be the first to admit, I tempered my expectations when we acquired Cooks. I mean, I know he's been a number one receiver in the Saints offense, but I wasn't sure if he would be slowed down by playing on a team with a lot of receiving options already and playing on grass. I was thinking I'd be happy with a Brandon Lloyd-ish 950 yards and 4 Tds in 2012.

In watching practice though it seems I set the bar pretty low because he doesn't appear to be 'another piece of the equation' he and Brady have a connection going that makes me believe he'll be a featured piece of the equation.

He's a special talent. Always been that way since college. No other WR on the patriots has close to the speed of cooks.

Shared thread on Twitter

I am so fired up for him...my god

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes