PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Opinion on why you Prefer Moss to Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This team would definitely Prefer Randy Moss to Jerry Porter.
First off, if they are both jerkoffs like everyone is saying, then we at least should take the much more talented jerkoff over the "pretty good" jerkoff.

It is kind of like you have two options for tonight.... you can drive to a dogcrap bar 10 miles away that sucks. or you can walk to a dogcrap bar a quarter mile away.

which do you pick?
you pick the crappy bar 1/4 of a mile away because at least you can get shltfaced at that one.

thanks for your time.

Keegs said:
This team would definitely Prefer Randy Moss to Jerry Porter.
First off, if they are both jerkoffs like everyone is saying, then we at least should take the much more talented jerkoff over the "pretty good" jerkoff.

It is kind of like you have two options for tonight.... you can drive to a dogcrap bar 10 miles away that sucks. or you can walk to a dogcrap bar a quarter mile away.

which do you pick?
you pick the crappy bar 1/4 of a mile away because at least you can get shltfaced at that one.

thanks for your time.
there are 9,000,000 reasons per year to take the "pretty good" jerkoff over the more talented jerkoff.

PatsWorldChamps said:
there are 9,000,000 reasons per year to take the "pretty good" jerkoff over the more talented jerkoff.
Exactly $$$$$$$$$

One of the "morons" is cheaper than the other. We don't have to bet the house to try him out.

Cheaper=both in salary terms and in trade compensation terms.

Here's a thought. Perhaps many of us believe that the current crop of wideouts has more talent than the last crop that just left.... and that the two most talented of these WR's just need time to work with and learn the system and the sight adjustments on the field. For, you see, these two gents hadn't the opportunity to work with the offense throughout training camp. Thats five weeks of intensive work missed. Those of us of this ilk believe that our eventual #2 will really begin to show benefits at about the time of the Buffalo game and the #1 two to three weeks after that.

Those of us who think this way also believe that spending high draft choices and big salaries on a trade for any WR at this point would be almost fruitless, for it would take that same 5 weeks to bring along any new aquisition. Never mind the "jerkoffs" mentioned above.

Besides, the whole bar reference has left a bad taste in my mouth.:D (is that a shlt eating grin or what!)

My preference is Doug Gabriel......oops, we have him already. To answer your question, I think I would prefer the lesser of 2 evils, which is Porter. It would cost us less to acquire him, and less against the salary cap. Though Moss is an incredible talent, Porter has really never been accused of dogging it, or displaying indifference towards his team (though I wonder about that story that came out that Porter was clapping when his QB got sacked, don't know if I believe that story).

I'd honestly rather keep the #1 pick and have a ton of ammo to continue tocking up the LB/CB corps in the 2007 draft. If CJ and Gabriel can continue to make strides, I don't really think we need to trade for yet another WR Brady will have to become familiar with.

My initial reaction to this thread was "none of the above" but I do think that the team - i.e. BB - has serious concerns about the quality of his receiving corps.

The cheaper alternative would be the best - talent wise I think both are major upgrades over what we have (as I'm not putting any pressure or expectation on the rookie).

Should you see such a move being made I think we all have to acknowledge that the front office is admitting that the free agent receivers they brought in have been disappointing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes