PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My contribution to a Patriots' Championship

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With Edelman's retirement news, I thought it was worth re-circulating this Edelman DDTYME video in which I caught a pass from him (yes, the fat guy wearing the donut head). You may brush it off, but for a guy who sits at a computer all day having the pressure of catching a ball thrown by Edelman.....man, it was a tough situation. I'm glad I caught it.

But anyways, I joke around that completing this catch (which occurred in October of 2014) gave Edelman the confidence to complete the playoff TD throw to Amendola later that year. Without that play, the Pats may not have won that game and therefore would not have won the Super Bowl that year.........so you're welcome, Pats Nation! Don't worry, please know I'm joking.

With Edelman's retirement news, I thought it was worth re-circulating this Edelman DDTYME video in which I caught a pass from him (yes, the fat guy wearing the donut head). You may brush it off, but for a guy who sits at a computer all day having the pressure of catching a ball thrown by Edelman.....man, it was a tough situation. I'm glad I caught it.

But anyways, I joke around that completing this catch (which occurred in October of 2014) gave Edelman the confidence to complete the playoff TD throw to Amendola later that year. Without that play, the Pats may not have won that game and therefore would not have won the Super Bowl that year.........so you're welcome, Pats Nation! Don't worry, please know I'm joking.

Fantastic! And hilarious!

It also gave the coaches the confidence to put the play into the game plan, and to call it. IIRC, they named it "deep donut."
In turn, that win gave the team the confidence to win three more AFC titles and two more SB's.

Your contribution can't be overstated.

This story is going to morph over time where 20 years from now it will be common knowledge that some guy wearing a donut caught a playoff GWTD from Edelman.

Then someone else will chime in, "No! He threw it to Danny Amendonut!"

"Oh yeah."

Regards,
Chris

Great catch! If I had caught it, I would've asked for a hot chocolate (I don't drink coffee) & a chocolate coconut doughnut...Mmm...

Dude that's awesome. Haha. Loved it.

Amazing. Reminded me of a Wilfork interception...

Joking! As Patjew said, you're "not so fat".

OMG. Such a cocoa sipping Jarhead.

We used to call coffee Lifer Juice...I've been drinking tea (not the weird Celestial Seasonings sh!t either) since I can remember...Both of my parents were from Ireland, so the taste for it comes naturally...

We used to call coffee Lifer Juice...I've been drinking tea (not the weird Celestial Seasonings sh!t either) since I can remember...Both of my parents were from Ireland, so the taste for it comes naturally...

I've always loved your stuff especially the nicknames but now that I've realized that you're a Marine I want to have a few beers with you. Haha. Of course I know that means some kind of bar fight. But what the hell.

That was like the Brady to Welker SB pass, but you held on. Full extension, no regard for your dress shirt becoming untucked. Awesome.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back