My apologies to Vince!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Vince, I'm sorry. I figured you are to old. An achilles is tougher on a big man. The contract...

Thank you for proving me wrong!

All that aside, Vince looked good last night. Here's to good health!

Last edited:
Reiss this morning: Quick-hit thoughts about the New England Patriots, NFL - espnBoston

3. Not too long ago, I wondered if Vince Wilfork's career could be threatened by the torn Achilles he suffered last September. Now, I’m wondering if it actually might prolong it. Wilfork has worked hard to shed weight this year, is moving well, and it’s hard to miss how his interior push contributed to the edge pressure the Patriots had Friday against Cam Newton and the Panthers. I think Wilfork is not only back to where he was in 2013 before the injury, but is currently playing at an even better level than that. The only question now is if it sustains.​

Reiss this morning: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

3. Not too long ago, I wondered if Vince Wilfork's career could be threatened by the torn Achilles he suffered last September. Now, I’m wondering if it actually might prolong it. Wilfork has worked hard to shed weight this year, is moving well, and it’s hard to miss how his interior push contributed to the edge pressure the Patriots had Friday against Cam Newton and the Panthers. I think Wilfork is not only back to where he was in 2013 before the injury, but is currently playing at an even better level than that. The only question now is if it sustains.
I have seen a few reporters say Wilfork looks better than he did prior to the injury.

So if this is true, and he stays healthy, and we have an improved Jones and Siliga, plus the kid Easley coming on toward the end of the year, wow.

Vince, I'm sorry. I figured you are to old. An achilles is tougher on a big man. The contract...

Thank you for proving me wrong!

All that aside, Vince looked good last night. Here's to good health!

You must remember to have a different set of expectations for the only man whose stat line reads:

1 forced buttfumble

It is awesome to see how Belichick goes about rebuilding a segment of his team, to good enough to win. It was not that long ago where the DL resembled the remnants of past glory and never weres, Now the older players are surrounded by youngsters who can play with various degrees of competence, from merely competent, to raw, and very talented,

Vince, Kelly Smith represent the sage old vets and surrounded by rising talents like Chandler. Easley and maybe Worthy along with an in-his-prime star Ninkovitch and the merely competent Siliga, Chris and Velano that all teams need. Raw possibilities are Moore and Buchanan. Its already a good line and one more high pick, or the maturation of a raw possibility can make excellent.

I was definitely in the camp that whether he could even return to a fraction of what he was before his injury. Damn glad that Big Vince has proven me wrong thus far.

I was definitely in the camp that whether he could even return to a fraction of what he was before his injury. Damn glad that Big Vince has proven me wrong thus far.

I too questioned Vince's ability to return. I'm still a bit nervous about whether he can hold up, but I'm happy for now to be eating humble pie as part of my regular diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes