PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP of the Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State recorded the best vertical jump - 44 inches - of anyone during the combine. He was also in the top 5 in broad jump and the shuttle drills. He ran a 4.36 in the 40. He's an excellent KR. Had three career kickoff return touchdowns and averaged 32.3 yards per return.

Found this interview he had with College Football Insiders
AJ Jefferson 2/15/2010 - College FB Insiders on Blog Talk Radio

He's currently projected in the last round, but I think after yesterday he'll likely be taken in the late 5th at the very least.

A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State recorded the best vertical jump - 44 inches - of anyone during the combine. He was also in the top 5 in broad jump and the shuttle drills. He ran a 4.36 in the 40. He's an excellent KR. Had three career kickoff return touchdowns and averaged 32.3 yards per return.

He's currently projected in the last round, but I think after yesterday he'll likely be taken in the late 5th at the very least.

Oh noos you mentioned that he ran a 4.3 40. Does this mean you're related to Al Davis? ;) Hehe, couldn't resist.

Oh noos you mentioned that he ran a 4.3 40. Does this mean you're related to Al Davis? ;) Hehe, couldn't resist.

lol God I hope so I'd expect to cash in on that will any day now lol

I think the vert is almost as key as the 40 when discussing CBs. Butler I believe had a 43 inch last year. AJ also looked fluid in the hips during the back pedal drills.

Daryl Washington IMVHO.

Fresno State too......with a good report from Hill maybe he will be a 4th or 5th rd pick for us. I think we have to much youth at CB already to bring on another high draft pick but this would seem like a good investment. Someone who can return kicks and train for CB in case Wheatley continues to Fail and in case Whilhite and Butler can't turn the corner.

I personally think Mike Mayock is the MVP of the combine. Without him, the combine would suck.

I personally think Mike Mayock is the MVP of the combine. Without him, the combine would suck.
It does suck, if only we could leave him and Charles Davis off camera narrating and let Eisen and his clown and pony show do the evening garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents