PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss vs. Revis this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Predictions? I would love to see Moss make some plays on this guy, hopefully he has his head in the game. In a way I think playing the Jets this week is a good thing, hopefully Randy will rise to the challenge.

Re: Moss vs Revis this week

I would like for Moss to have a good game, but I'm not expecting to see that.

I honestly don't know what to predict. I can see Moss making some plays, or I can see him getting shut down, Revis is that good. I would be surprised to see a deep ball completed to Moss unless there's a communication issue in the Jets secondary, but given it's probably going to be as simple as "Revis, you've got Moss all the time", that seems unlikely too.

I predict much bigger things out of Welker, Tate, and the TE's, as I don't think the Jets have anyone else who can cover them consistently.

I would rather Moss beat Revis and not suggest later in Revis had help from the safety.

Given Revis might be a bit rusty and Moss needs to prove that he is well worth the contract that he desperately wants, I think Moss will come out on top.

hopefully Randy will rise to the challenge.

Randy said in that PR meltdown that he has prided his whole offseason on getting off Revis Island. That is a pretty big statement to make.

Moss dedicated his off season to beating Revis - I would expect Moss' best game gainst Revis - however meager

Much as it ever grates me to say it, Ray summed it up pretty good. Anyone can talk, what matters is if you can back it up.

If Revis can handle Moss 1-on-1, that's a big plus for the jets.

To the extent that Revis needs safety help deep with Moss, that's a plus for NE even if Randy doesn't put up big numbers.

Revis doesn't always go to the top wr....there will bE times with wilson or cromartie on moss

My prediction....

Revis shuts down Moss, while the Patriots march down the field throwing the ball to Welker, Gonk and Hernadez.

My prediction....

Revis shuts down Moss, while the Patriots march down the field throwing the ball to Welker, Gonk and Hernadez.

I agree however, I think that if Welker starts killing them over the middle they might shift Revis over to Welker and Cromartie over to Moss.

I want the slouch to beat Revis even if Revis has ten guys helping him. :)

I agree however, I think that if Welker starts killing them over the middle they might shift Revis over to Welker and Cromartie over to Moss.

If that happens Moss will have a big day, and Welker won't see the ball again.

Rex Ryan stokes the Revis-Moss feud
Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2010 11:52 AM ET
In Week Two of the 2009 season, the Patriots visited the Jets -- and a debate emerged in the aftermath of the game regarding whether Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis handled Pats receiver Randy Moss without safety help.

In Week Two of the 2010 season, the Patriots return to New York. Already, Jets coach Rex Ryan is stoking the embers of the Revis-Moss feud.

for the rest click on the link....Rex Ryan stokes the Revis-Moss feud | ProFootballTalk.com

Rofl......

i agree however, i think that if welker starts killing them over the middle they might shift revis over to welker and cromartie over to moss.

Revis gets to keep Moss or Welker out of the game. Since no one else has a chance against Moss, I expect to see or hear little from Revis or Moss for the game.

Moss' production will be highly dependent on the OL and how much safety help they keep over the top. Regardless of his final stats, there's not a chance he won't have a big impact on the game.

With Revis fresh off of a holdout, I can't imagine him covering Moss 1-on-1. He'll have safety help over the top this week. With that in mind, I can't imagine Brady will be looking to Moss all that often. He'll spread the ball around much like he did against the Bengals. Hit Welker, use the TE's, exploit the Tate-Cromartie match-up deep, and have Faulk doing work in the flats to exploit the Madden style blitz.

Let's also not forget that there hasn't been a quarterback in the last decade that has done better against the blitz than Brady has. A lot of people forget about that because of last year's Brady. But the 2010 version looks to be the version we're all familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back