PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Turned Down 1-Year Offer With Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of this story is bullsh*t.

Chris Carter is a cluless hack and Moss apologist extrordinare... I wouldn't ever base an article on something the Patriots reportedly did on what he thinks he knows...even about Moss.

4 wr set...

Moss
Ocho
Welker
Branch

holy hell.

Would have been fun Randy.

4 wr set...

Moss
Ocho
Welker
Branch

holy hell.

Would have been fun Randy.

Maybe in 2004. We aren't going to have, and wouldn't have had an "electrifying" WR corps with or without Moss this season.

All signs point to us playing ball control with the short passing game and rejuvinated running game. None of our receivers (including moss if he was here) get miles of separation, they get into positions where the DBs can't make plays on the ball and protect it, followed by using their quickness to make a move and get YAC whenever possible.

New England's deep passing game doesn't exist and Randy Moss wouldn't have changed that, Chad Ochocinco also won't be that deep threat.

Why is this so hard for everyone to accept? I love our new offense, it is incredibly safe by comparison and much more consistent. I would rather take 12 plays and 6 minutes to score compared to 5 plays and 1:30 capped off by a bomb. It isn't as flashy but the best way to protect a growing defense (until we see what ours looks like this season, i'm going to treat it like last years) is to have a ball control offense. If we have a defense this season that can force a 3 and out consistently then I don't really care how we score as long as the game ends with us having more points.

Last edited:
They should have offered him more money. A one year deal is fine but you need to offer the cash. He would come back for 20 million.

They should have offered him more money. A one year deal is fine but you need to offer the cash. He would come back for 20 million.

tell me you're kidding. :confused:

I luv Randi........but who do you want running deep middle patterns on this team....him? or Aaron Hernandez....I'll take AH:rocker:

I bet he's back in the league by week 4 at the latest. Randy doesn't seem like a guy itching to take part in training camp. And when/if he does come back, I hope it's with us.

Maybe in 2004. We aren't going to have, and wouldn't have had an "electrifying" WR corps with or without Moss this season.

All signs point to us playing ball control with the short passing game and rejuvinated running game. None of our receivers (including moss if he was here) get miles of separation, they get into positions where the DBs can't make plays on the ball and protect it, followed by using their quickness to make a move and get YAC whenever possible.

New England's deep passing game doesn't exist and Randy Moss wouldn't have changed that, Chad Ochocinco also won't be that deep threat.

Why is this so hard for everyone to accept? I love our new offense, it is incredibly safe by comparison and much more consistent. I would rather take 12 plays and 6 minutes to score compared to 5 plays and 1:30 capped off by a bomb. It isn't as flashy but the best way to protect a growing defense (until we see what ours looks like this season, i'm going to treat it like last years) is to have a ball control offense. If we have a defense this season that can force a 3 and out consistently then I don't really care how we score as long as the game ends with us having more points.

All I was saying is it would have been fun to watch. Nothing more nothing less. Nice rant though.

Last edited:
They should have offered him less money. A one year deal is fine but you need to offer as little cash as possible. He would come back for 20 Bucks.

Fixed it for ya! :cool:

Let's say the Patriots offered him a one year deal for $2 million.

Randy says he retiring and making zero million. That's carrying the disrespect thing a little too far in my opinion.

Meh, I think the Pats will be just fine without him. We DID go 14 - 2 last season with him only contributing in about 4 games. The Patriots will dominate this season as usual :rocker:

Not complaining. I don't want him on this years team.

Randy says he retiring and making zero million. That's carrying the disrespect thing a little too far in my opinion.

I think it is more than that. A one year $2 million dollar deal after signing Ocho to a three year deal means Randy isn't going to be a starter but a backup/rotation/situation player. I don't think he wanted that role.

Is Carter the only source for this? I am not sure he is in Randy's inner circle anymore. Randy has plenty of money. If the deal is not right for him then I can see him hanging it up.

to be fair, its more like 'when i have tens of millions in the bank, is 2 million enough to get me to work super hard and possibly injure myself when I can be living a nice life with the tens of millions i already have'

to be fair, its more like 'when i have tens of millions in the bank, is 2 million enough to get me to work super hard and possibly injure myself when I can be living a nice life with the tens of millions i already have'

Those "tens of millions" he has now is not going to get him that Super Bowl ring.

He should have played for the Pats just to try and get a ring. He played 13 years, play one more and see if you can get that title.

Damnit Randy! Why couldn't you give us one more year :/ In a way though I'm glad I'm not crazy for thinking/hoping we'd take him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3