PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Says 'I'm Done' - Rules Out Return to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really starting to think that where there was smoke, there would be fire. However, it really doesn't seem like Moss will be back.

I don't care what anybody says anytime WR depth become an issue in the next few year or two I would not hesitate to call Randy. I actually think he could do good things for this team. Maybe 20-25 snaps a game and I think he would be fine with a role like that especially with the Pats.

I don't care what anybody says anytime WR depth become an issue in the next few year or two I would not hesitate to call Randy. I actually think he could do good things for this team. Maybe 20-25 snaps a game and I think he would be fine with a role like that especially with the Pats.

Oh yeah in two more years (2013) he'll be SO much better than he was in 2010.
You cannot possibly be serious.

Last edited:
In other news, the rest of the world realizes that Bill Belichick realized Moss was done 11 months sooner than Moss did himself. Film at 11.

Why? Because it was cool when he was good?
I bet you were expecting Drew Bledsoe to lead the Cowboys to a SB.

I'm still waiting for Bruschi to come back!:D

Easy up gramps, its not like I am talking about him coming in and grabbing 100 balls and a 1000 yards. Did you not just hear Bradys comments about him?
"I talked to Randy just before training camp started. I love Randy, one of the greatest receivers in the history of the game. One of the greatest players I've ever had the chance to play with, and I love the guy, so. Unfortunately I don’t make personnel decisions. I'd still have all my friends here. Troy [Brown] would still here here. David Patten would still be here. Deion [Branch] would never have left, but I've seen so many guys move on over the years, and then guys come back, so who knows? You never know what the situation will be next week for that matter..."

Last edited:
I am not ready to accept this...probably because I am a stubborn mule and not for any logical reason. Before the season he said he was in great shape and ready to play. Supposedly the Patriots offered him a one-year contract and he wanted a multi-year; that does not sound like someone who is done.

I hope (hoping against hope) that this is a smoke screen. The best case scenario for us that he comes back to the mother ship a day or two before the Jets game thus causing Rex to trash his defensive game plan and start over--that would be sweet. Oh the turmoil! And the anguish by Felger and the other deluxe douche nozzles in the media; it would be sweet...oh so sweet. I can dream can't I?

Re: Randy Moss Speaks (merged)

According to Ian Rappaport back on August 3rd, Moss already filed his retirement papers.

It seems like Moss has been talking about still playing for at least a month.

According to Ian Rappaport back on August 3rd, Moss already filed his retirement papers.
He could always Un-Retire, didn't Junior Seuo do that? I feel that if the Pats were making a run at the SB later in the season and needed a WR Moss could be convinced to come back.

Randy has more TDs than Carter or Brown and I'm not disagreeing that he was better than them, but at the same time Carter has a lot more receptions and Brown has more yards than Moss. Randy obviously had a more memorable career but they were both a lot better than "good" and it doesn't look either will get in anytime soon.

Moss is considered above those two by the Hall of Fame voters as of right now.

NFL Network's Top 100 Players of All Time was voted on by a lot of those voters. Moss was on the list. Carter & Brown weren't. The only wideouts higher were Jerry Rice & Don Hutson.

To put that list in perspective. The Hall of Fame houses 262 members right now. That means 162 Hall of Famers didn't make that list but Moss did by a good amount of Hall of Fame voters.

If he keeps his nose clean relatively clean the next five years. I think he gets in on the first ballot.

Easy up gramps, its not like I am talking about him coming in and grabbing 100 balls and a 1000 yards. Did you not just hear Bradys comments about him?
Yes, he compared him to other old, retired, over the hill WRs

I still say that if the Pats offered him a 1 year contract for 15-20 million he would change his mind and come back.

I think Randy Moss is the greatest wide receiver in NFL history, when it comes to raw talent. Jerry Rice just lucked out in terms of getting to play with two HoF quarterbacks in Joe Montana and Jerry Rice almost his entire career so his stats reflect that, whereas Randy Moss got to play with Tom Brady for a short period and the rest of the time played with garbage QBs.

Last edited:
I still say that if the Pats offered him a 1 year contract for 15-20 million he would change his mind and come back.

Who wouldn't come back for that kind of money. That's insane for a WR!!! That kind of money should only go to the top 5 QBs in the league. If your name isn't:

Brady, Manning(Peyton), Brees, Rivers, or Rodgers, you should not be making 15 million or more a year. They're the only players in the league that deserve that much in my opinion.

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive La Canfora: Not sold that Randy Moss ‘is done’ «

OK, so Randy Moss says he’s done. And then?

It still seems that not everyone is buying into the idea Moss is completely retired. Put yourself in that group if you don’t consider comments from golf courses — where Moss was Friday — all that serious. There are still those holding out hope that he can come walking through that door like Willis Reed and help a contending team at some point during the season. After all, it doesn’t seem that far-fetched.

NFL Network information man Jason La Canfora checked in on “NFL Total Access” Friday, and isn’t sold on Moss riding into the sunset either.

“You have to look at the reality of how he spent the lockout,” La Canfora said. “He was killing it in the weight room. Two-a-days, training as hard as he ever had in his life hoping to catch on with a contending team. That didn’t happen then, he obviously said he’s going to retire. It’s great that he reiterated that. But I continue to maintain, if the right team called at the right time, with the right quarterback at the right price, Moss could be coaxed out of retirement. … Moss got himself in tip-top shape for a reason.”

He certainly did. It’s fact that Moss prepared for this season for a reason and was reported to be in excellent shape. It could very well be that the right situation has to present itself — for both sides — before we see the future Hall of Famer on a field again.

You again demonstrate that you totally lack reading comprehension and critical reasoning skills. In the Brady puff piece you cited he says he'd like to have Troy Brown here because he likes having his friends around. Ability to play at an NFL level was irrelevant, which is precisely the issue with a demonstrably over the hill Moss. Think before you post.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/16/la-canfora-not-sold-that-randy-moss-is-done/

“You have to look at the reality of how he spent the lockout,” La Canfora said. “He was killing it in the weight room. Two-a-days, training as hard as he ever had in his life hoping to catch on with a contending team. That didn’t happen then, he obviously said he’s going to retire. It’s great that he reiterated that. But I continue to maintain, if the right team called at the right time, with the right quarterback at the right price, Moss could be coaxed out of retirement. … Moss got himself in tip-top shape for a reason.”

He certainly did. It’s fact that Moss prepared for this season for a reason and was reported to be in excellent shape. It could very well be that the right situation has to present itself — for both sides — before we see the future Hall of Famer on a field again.

Last year Moss was in el-primo condition in camp. Looked like a monster.

Let's see how he did. Jets game...not only owned by Revis (Again!) but entices Brady to toss two picks to Revis and the Pats lose the game.

Traded to the Vikes, he does nothing. They CUT the guy they paid a draft pick for.

Then the Tits. Another big zero.

Just how much real world evidence do you need???

You know I'm not one of those rabid Moss defenders but I'm not one of those that turns into a snarling nazi anytime someone suggests he still has something left either.
The fact that the second camp repeatedly uses 2010 as an indication that Randy is through is pretty short sighted and downright silly. He played 3 games with us last season, with one of those being against Revis. The others, he was shipped off to terrible franchises. If everyone is complacent to give Ocho time to gel and learn our playbooks, why isnt the same afforded to Moss for his lack of production with the Titans and the Vikings (though I hesitate to even include them because I'm sure Moss dogged it just to help get out.)

Last edited:
You know I'm not one of those rabid Moss defenders but I'm not one of those that turns into a snarling nazi anytime someone suggests he still has something left either.
The fact that the second camp repeatedly uses 2010 as an indication that Randy is through is pretty short sighted and downright silly. He played 3 games with us last season, with one of those being against Revis. The others, he was shipped off to terrible franchises. If everyone is complacent to give Ocho time to gel and learn our playbooks, why isnt the same afforded to Moss for his lack of production with the Titans and the Vikings (though I hesitate to even include them because I'm sure Moss dogged it just to help get out.)
He played 4 games with us, and Revis was injured in the Jets game and the Jets out Cromartie in single coverage on him after that and he was totally shut down.
The Titans and Vikings played football last year. They threw passes. Moss was sitting on the bench in Tenn by the end of the year. How many excuses do you want to make for him? How long does it have to go with NOT A SINGLE NFL HAVING ANY INTEREST IN HIM for you to recognize he wasn't an awful and unproductive WR last year because he could have dominated but just chose not to?
Its not about being a 'snarling nazi' whatever the F that is, its about accepting reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back