Moss Says 'I'm Done' - Rules Out Return to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Randy Moss Speaks (merged)

Moss this Moss that, Moss this Moss says that he Really has Retired.

Moss says “I’m done” | ProFootballTalk

Moss says “I’m done”
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+New+England+Patriots+M7G_3NVmpmhm Getty Images

Receiver Randy Moss has never held a retirement press conference. He didn’t even issue a statement in his own words. Instead, agent Joel Segal let it be known after Moss didn’t realize any big-money offers early in free agency that Moss was calling it quits.

Last edited:
Moss says he is done

Not really looking to start another Randy Moss thread, but hopefully this story and the fact the Pats put up over 600 yards and 38 points on Monday night without him makes this the final Moss Thread.

Apparently, he told Ian Meropol and Lynden Byars that he is done with football.

It Is What It Is » Randy Moss on return to Gillette: ‘No, I’m done’

Re: Randy Moss Speaks (merged)

Hopefully this deters any further "hopeful" threads about Moss's return.

Best wishes to Randy and family, post football

Brett Favre also said "No" for about 6 years. Just sayin...

I am with PWP. Good luck to Randy and his family and I hope they are enjoying his retirement. His TD in the Super Bowl should have been the crowning moment in his career.

Brett Favre also said "No" for about 6 years. Just sayin...

I am with PWP. Good luck to Randy and his family and I hope they are enjoying his retirement. His TD in the Super Bowl should have been the crowning moment in his career.

It's absurd that some people think no SBs detracts from his resume. He played like a champion in the 2007 season no doubt, and I'm not sure how he could bear any part of the blame for that idiot kicker in 1999.

I hope this guy is able to be happy away from the field although I'm concerned that things will not go well for him without the structure that football provided.

Moss Says 'I'm Done' - Rules Out Return to the Patriots
By: Ian Logue

Hopefully this news ends any speculation on the chances of Randy Moss returning to New England, but it appears even he's ruling it out....

:cool:Somebody tell Moss he was done midway through the 2009 season

I loved Moss as a player and I have fond memories of him as a Patriot, but he just can't cut it anymore. Good thing the rumours will die with that article.

I will believe when Moss files his retirement papers with the NFL.

Until then, theres always a chance.

lloyd.jpg

I will believe when Moss files his retirement papers with the NFL.

Until then, theres always a chance.

lloyd.jpg

According to Ian Rappaport back on August 3rd, Moss already filed his retirement papers.

Thanks for the memories Randy

83795267_display_image.jpg

Such a shame his career had to end this way. Moss was possibly the most "talented" wide receiver ever and although he'll most likely end up in the HOF and go down as one of the best ever I can't help but think his career could have been even better.

Too bad we couldn't get this guy a ring.

Such a shame his career had to end this way. Moss was possibly the most "talented" wide receiver ever and although he'll most likely end up in the HOF and go down as one of the best ever I can't help but think his career could have been even better.

Most likely? If he isn't first ballot HoF it will only be because of grudges being held by the voters.

Most likely? If he isn't first ballot HoF it will only be because of grudges being held by the voters.

He will get in eventually but considering how guys like Tim Brown and Cris Carter haven't been inducted yet there's no guarantee he'll be a first ballot selection.

He will get in eventually but considering how guys like Tim Brown and Cris Carter haven't been inducted yet there's no guarantee he'll be a first ballot selection.
Randy Moss is pretty universally considered to be the second best WR in the history of the game behind Jerry Rice. Tim Brown and Chris Carter were good, but not in that conversation.

Randy Moss is pretty universally considered to be the second best WR in the history of the game behind Jerry Rice. Tim Brown and Chris Carter were good, but not in that conversation.

Randy has more TDs than Carter or Brown and I'm not disagreeing that he was better than them, but at the same time Carter has a lot more receptions and Brown has more yards than Moss. Randy obviously had a more memorable career but they were both a lot better than "good" and it doesn't look either will get in anytime soon.

I'm sure anyone would agree Moss is a sure bet for the Hall. Just a matter of when. If it's not 5 years from now, I will be shocked.

Why is it a shame that his career ends up with him retiring when he no longer can play well enough for a team to want him?
Thats how it normally goes. What end were you expecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back