PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Re-sign Pessimism Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
90% of me says, he likes winning. He wants to stay in NE. NE wants him back. BB recognizes and has always recognized the value of a game-changing player, and Moss is exactly that.

That said, did anybody else get the same reaction as the 10% pessimist in me when Moss spoke his mind a little last night?

Here's where 10% pessimist PFnV (or 10%pPFnV) is getting this:

Moss emphasized shutting up the media about... Moss. Now he has every right to go there, especially given the load of crap that was said and written about Moss. Then he explained how he did his homework about the Pats, etc. Then there was his anger about how the media had written him off, and he pretty much showed them all. Not his words, but that's pretty much the content.

So, 10%pPFnV thought: you know what? This narrative sounds an awful lot like a smart man, who thought through options to reinvigorate his career, and took the best path to doing so.

So: Moss' presser was consistent with a) exactly what I want him to be (that is, in love with playing with a class organization with winning ways,) but also with b) something that strikes fear in my heart, the guy looking for the highest bidder next year.

Let me say up front, he's going to be a fantastic asset through the playoffs/super bowl, I have no doubt. Even 10%pPFnV doesn't think he'll turn into Bad Randy while the season's being played. I just want Randy with the Pats throughout his career, myself. But it's in his power to "show them all" again when the offers come in this offseason too. I am hoping that neither Randy nor the team goes off the rails enough for this match made in heaven to be pulled apart, and that's what I think will happen...

But something about last night made me go "aw crap, here we go..."

Anybody else get a 10%p chill when Randy was speaking last night?

pPFnV

I think you're playing the Jump To Conclusions game from Office Space.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft