PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moreno In Walking Boot and Crutches, DRC In Sling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBronxPats14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Was reading posts in Bronco's Forum and saw posts where their fans were sayin that Moreno was in a walking boot & crutches and DR'Cromartie was in a sling. Does anyone have any updates on them? MAN that would be key injuries goin forward for a 1st Seed. I always felt Pats have a good chance as anyone for 1st Seed and this would be key seein how Moreno went off runnin & when DRC went out Brady torched that side of field and spread it all around.

DRC injury looked bad.

Might be out for the season?

DRC's injury looked real bad. The Denver defense got absolutely beat up last night. There were also a couple of guys that suffered concussions throughout the game as well. I'm surprised Moreno was that badly injured. Didn't he come back in last night after initially limping off the field?

It's incredible that they ran Moreno like 35 times. There's a reason teams don't do that any more because the physical punishment is so great. NFL players today are so big and strong that a 35 carry outing is a near certain way to put someone's career in jeopardy. I had a feeling Moreno was doing some major damage, continuing to go back in despite hobbling around. This was not the Super Bowl.

Jack del Rio is not very bright.

DRC's injury was probably the key play in the game.

In my mind, it was a bonehead play. There is no reason to lay your body out for an interception on the last last play of the half.

he did return

adrenaline is a remarkable thing......give it a little time to swell, and it's all over

rookie backfield next week against KC......KC's pass rush is equally banged up

manning better hope its warm and calm :D

I'm surprised Moreno was that badly injured. Didn't he come back in last night after initially limping off the field?
Sounds like he sprained his ankle on his last carry. He was definitely beat up all night, but the last carry did him in.

In my mind, it was a bonehead play. There is no reason to lay your body out for an interception on the last last play of the half.

If I recall correctly, Talib injured himself on a similar play last season. It wasn't that type of hail mary attempt, but it was similar in the way that he layed out for an INT by breaking back towards the ball.

Padding your stats - there's a reason. Not a good one, but it's the reason he did it. Wanted to have that INT against Brady on his resume. Karma baby!!

Troy Brown and Ty Law were on fire last night on the post game. Brown said what you did - Ty said he'd be going for the pick too :D

It's incredible that they ran Moreno like 35 times. There's a reason teams don't do that any more because the physical punishment is so great. NFL players today are so big and strong that a 35 carry outing is a near certain way to put someone's career in jeopardy. I had a feeling Moreno was doing some major damage, continuing to go back in despite hobbling around. This was not the Super Bowl.

1. Del Rio is in charge of the defense, he doesn't call the plays.

2. Manning calls the plays.

3. The calls were the right ones since the Pats were giving them the run all night.

I always thought Knowshon was a JAG/sucked, even for most of this year. I'm taking that back though. He's a good system back who can run/catch/pass protect. I respect him carrying the ball 35 times in those conditions without fumbling.

I wouldn't mind him being a Patriot one day on the cheap. He runs well out of shotgun and pass protects so well that he would be a great fit here.

JDR didn't coach the offense...just the defense.

The losses of DRC and Moreno, if these are long injuries, could be huge. The Broncos can't play man without DRC. Moreno is their only reliable RB and without him they are one dimensional on offense (although it is typically a pretty good dimension).

Injuries to both the Chiefs and Broncos set the Pats up pretty well for the #1 seed. Both those teams are bound to lose at least one more each especially since both meet each other on Sunday. I know I will be rooting for the Chiefs because I can see the Chiefs losing one or two more down the stretch.

The losses of DRC and Moreno, if these are long injuries, could be huge. The Broncos can't play man without DRC. Moreno is their only reliable RB and without him they are one dimensional on offense (although it is typically a pretty good dimension).

Injuries to both the Chiefs and Broncos set the Pats up pretty well for the #1 seed. Both those teams are bound to lose at least one more each especially since both meet each other on Sunday. I know I will be rooting for the Chiefs because I can see the Chiefs losing one or two more down the stretch.

The Chiefs/Broncos game this weekend is going to be extremely physical, so you can pretty much bank on more injuries to both of those teams.

I understand his reasoning. That lack of a teamwork attitude probably cost Denver the season. They are now certainly much less likely to win the AFCE and the Super Bowl.

Padding your stats - there's a reason. Not a good one, but it's the reason he did it. Wanted to have that INT against Brady on his resume. Karma baby!!

Remember, Gronkowski actually played after Pollard twisted his ankle against the Ravens in the AFCCG. Everyone says that when it comes to a high ankle sprain, you can play immediately afterward before it blows up on you, but as soon as the game is over, that's it. You're out at least 2 or 3 weeks.

Even if Moreno plays backs who carry 35 times one week aren't the same next week and he got pounded a lot. Couple that with expected windy conditions and it at least gives the Chiefs where they might be minus Hali and Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST