PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More rookie number changes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Per Zack Cox on NESN:

Rookie cornerbacks J.C. Jackson and Duke Dawson and running back Sony Michel all chose to ditch the numbers they were given at the start of the preseason, with Jackson switching from No. 34 to No. 27, Dawson swapping No. 42 for No. 29 and Michel moving from No. 29 to No. 26.”

Lateral move by Michel imo.

Bills got me spinning with whose wearing what. 3rd number in weeks for these kids.

I wish rbs were allowed to wear 1-9

I like 26 for Michel. Clinton Portis was an excellent back who wore #26 back in the day.

Kinda liked JC Jackson wearing 34 though

I don't think Burkhead was gonna give up his number for a UDFA rookie. I like 27 for Jackson. Hopefully he actually stays on the team longer than a few days.

I wish rbs were allowed to wear 1-9

I think the NFL number rules should be significantly relaxed. I know things are slowly headed in that direction, but it seems to make the most sense the way schools do it, where you just have eligible/ineligible receiver numbers. I suppose one benefit to the NFL way is you get numbers in the 80s/90s being glorified much more than in other sports.

None of it matters anyway except, of course, to me.

I think the NFL number rules should be significantly relaxed. I know things are slowly headed in that direction, but it seems to make the most sense the way schools do it, where you just have eligible/ineligible receiver numbers. I suppose one benefit to the NFL way is you get numbers in the 80s/90s being glorified much more than in other sports.

None of it matters anyway except, of course, to me.
Idk, when Bill gave Sony Michel #51 in training camp I wasn’t a big fan. There’s some numbers that just look bizarre on certain players.

Idk, when Bill gave Sony Michel #51 in training camp I wasn’t a big fan. There’s some numbers that just look bizarre on certain players.

If the numbering rules were simplified, you probably wouldn't see Michel wearing 51. I think that's an ineligible number anyway. You'd see what you see in college, where single digit numbers are the most popular for pretty much every offensive skill position/defensive position and basically only kickers wear 80s/90s.

Good move by Michel. Now let’s see you on the damn field!

#29 looks better on a DB which Dawson took.

Jackson becomes Carlton Fisk - extreme tightness.

I like 26 for Michel. Clinton Portis was an excellent back who wore #26 back in the day.

Portis was a diva. I hope Sony is nothing like him off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST