PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Deflategate Lies in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason #1,000,001 I'm not Brady 'cause I'd run out onto the SuperBowl field carrying a totally deflated football in full camera view.

I like the whole quote:

Four months after it announced its investigation, an NFL report concluded it was “more probable than not Tom Brady was at least generally aware” of the alleged ball deflation scheme. It found that two Patriots employees --John Jastremski and Jim McNally -- were directly responsible.

So they use the word alleged (in italics) to protect themselves from slander (but imply that we all know it is really true with the italics), but then say Jastremeski and McNally were directly responsible,

articles like this aren't for the benefit of children. It's misdirection. The real intent is to breath new life into their own prejudices.

And it is articles like this that perpetuate a false meme, and contributes to incorrect information continuing to be accepted, and propagated as fact.

The fact that it is widely accepted that the Pats taped the Rams pre-game walkthrough, even though the person making the original claim, could not substatiate his claim to the league, and the Boston Herald took out a full page retraction of their article which trumpeted this claim, is exhibit A.

Last edited:
What I consistently hear from people is they are sick of the Patriots. They want parity. Spygate, deflategate, all this crap. That's what this is all about. They want the Patriots brought back down to the average. They can't handle excellence and want to be told everyone is special. Well, sorry, not everyone is excellent. Not everyone is special. Some people are better at football than others. Some are better at reading, math, and art than others. Some of you will never be truly great at anything. Accept this in life, and appreciate those who are great, and don't be a jealous putz and try to bring them down.

That's what you tell your f'ing snowflakes.

For that matter, don't lie and say it's about the children when it is really about your own mediocrity.

And please I beg Atlanta players and coaches to start talking trash...please...

Your post was great until the bolded. That's like freaking quitter talk. Do you think Tom Brady accepted it? Heck noes! He strove to get better. I don't think anyone should ever accept that. the rest of your post is great!

That was a smart thing to post Atlanta. Everyone knows that rubbing the Pats' noses in Deflategate causes intense feelings of guilt and will likely cause the Pats to play poorly, because of their guilty consciences if nothing else.

I'm sure BB recognizes the wisdom in this approach, and will soon be commenting about the Falcons being penalized for piping in crowd noise. He knows kicking the sleeping giant is a sound philosophy.

It had slipped my mind until I saw someone mention it on twitter in a post about this article: Michael Vick was a star with the Falcons! If I look in the AJC archives, will I find an article titled "What to tell your kids about dog fighting"?

Your post was great until the bolded. That's like freaking quitter talk. Do you think Tom Brady accepted it? Heck noes! He strove to get better. I don't think anyone should ever accept that. the rest of your post is great!
Good point . That was more a dig at the douche who wrote the article than something I would really endorse for everyone.

But...some people will never be great at football, no? Me, for instance. And I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
A couple deflated balls who gives a flying ****? Not like the saints who put out bounties for injuries.

If you read the comments section you'll see that even Falcon fans are trashing the article

Virtually everyone on this site has done more reading (because it's our team) and has a better understanding of the facts than most (but not all) reporters who write about the topic. They get away with it because the vast masses of readers are also unread and uninformed and confirmation bias means they take what is written and swallow it whole because it conforms to what they want to hear. Reporters who get paid to do what they do should pay a price for lazily writing falsehoods but they do not; instead, they get paid for clicks and reads. I have informally classified reporters as credible or suspicious and largely confine my reading to the credible few. Here's one:

Only in Goody's NFL can "More probable than not" and "Generally aware" leads to a $1m fine, #1 pick taken away and TB12 suspended for 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back