PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mohamed Sanu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is excellent at fair catching punts (Special teams matters too!)

He doesn't deserve to wear #14. Its shameful.

I hope he’s one of those guys that goes off all year after doing very little, like Danny Amendola before he came through with multiple huge catches in 2014.

We have to wonder if Sanu is worth $6Mill next year?? Seems like a lot for what little he does. And for those who thought that he would rival the 49ers Sanders Trade puhlease. :oops::rolleyes:
This is a good point. If this truly what he is do they really pay him $6 mill? I think they may have to since they gave up a second round pick but I can’t imagine they’d be comfortable doing it.

ankle is obviously bothering him..you don't catch 10 balls in a game and then suddenly become invisible.

He rarely fumbles. And when he does it gets negated by penalty.

ankle is obviously bothering him..you don't catch 10 balls in a game and then suddenly become invisible.

Agree. He's definitely better than what we have been seeing.

To those constantly beating the high ankle sprain drum: how do you explain his entire career before the high ankle sprain?

To those constantly beating the high ankle sprain drum: how do you explain his entire career before the high ankle sprain?

Meaning he was never good ? Just trying to clarify

He will have a big game in the playoffs!

Its a holiday thread.

Sanu can be bashed here, but wasn't his injury a "high ankle sprain"?? If so the recovery period for that malady is 6 weeks to 3 months with rest...

Sanu was injured on Nov. 17...

Sanu wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in Atlanta either he was the Fourth option at best. I think if they had to do it over Sanders was CLEARLY the Best Option. Do I hope Sanu performs in the Playoffs??Yes would it surprise if he doesn't??No by then I hope N Harry can do more than Jet sweep I hope we didn't Draft another Cordarrelle Patterson a guy who can't run a route pass the LOS that won't cut it in the Playoffs.

Sanu wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in Atlanta either he was the Fourth option at best. I think if they had to do it over Sanders was CLEARLY the Best Option. Do I hope Sanu performs in the Playoffs??Yes would it surprise if he doesn't??No by then I hope N Harry can do more than Jet sweep I hope we didn't Draft another Cordarrelle Patterson a guy who can't run a route pass the LOS that won't cut it in the Playoffs.

Can harry make a play beyond 15 yards? Seems like everything is short. He can’t get open downfield. We need sanu to play like a number 2 and i don’t even know if he can do it. This past game against the bills was good offensive scheming by Mcdaniels. Burkhead was our leading receiver. Still not getting much out of the tight end position. It would be a heck of an achievement if we get to the AFC championship game with this cast at wr.

Sanu Never had 1000yds season Patriot homers reaching.:rolleyes:

This is a good point. If this truly what he is do they really pay him $6 mill? I think they may have to since they gave up a second round pick but I can’t imagine they’d be comfortable doing it.

Danny A who did heck of a lot more had to take a pay cut many times.

I don't trust any Edelman punt receiver replacement (esp in big games) as much as I do Sanu. And I take this to be a critical position. As a slot receiver, his timing and ankle will come around. And to boot I think he knows the game better than most.

We have to wonder if Sanu is worth $6Mill next year?? Seems like a lot for what little he does. And for those who thought that he would rival the 49ers Sanders Trade puhlease. :oops::rolleyes:
I find this real funny, cause when we traded a 2nd round pick, people were like "yeah, it's expensive bc it's 2 years of contract, he gonna be good for awhile"

2 years of Sanu? No thank u

Noticed a lot of guys getting some appreciation threads and wanted to make sure we didn’t miss out on #14. A few things that we can appreciate about Big Mo:

• He suits up to play.
  • He gets a lot of snaps.
  • He was acquired by the Patriots for a second round draft pick.
  • He is a member of the Patriots roster.
  • Balls get thrown towards him quite often.
  • He was just one block attempt away from an epic Harry rushing TD.
  • Against the Ravens, the game cited as his potential to be good, he averaged about 5 yards per target, which is almost Dwayne Allen level (14 targets, 10 catches, 81 yards)
  • He isn’t a good predictor; during SB51 he bragged the Falcons would score 40+. They didn’t score 40+, but they did lose to the Patriots (I’m appreciative of that.). If his prediction had been correct, the Patriots would have lost. So it was arguably a game changing skill (bad predicting) from Sanu that led to the SB51 victory.
  • His lungs take in O2 molecules and expel precious CO2, ever-so important for plant life on Earth. (Credit to @neuronet for this important point.)
We have 53 guys suit up... Plus healthy scratches... I need to see more from the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST