PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mods: can you somehow consolidate the Jets threads?

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...and merge this into it.

I am not a big fan of the Jets like most on this board but we seem to be having a lot of Jets threads on the go.

I know a lot of posters revel in them shooting themselves in the foot, definitely me included, but this organization is always on our case. Every post that has them mentioning the Patriots in a negative light would fill up the board.

Let's face it, they want to be us, they want our success, they want to operate like us, but they continually fall short. Their coaches and players are really kinda pathetic. I kind of feel sorry for them in a way.

Let's just round up all their garbage and trash talk and put in into one thread.

That is about all the attention they should be getting around here....

I don't know, I kind of like seeing the implosion documented piece by piece.

Agree with this move as well. We may be in the minority though Halifax, I remember another similar thread couple months ago pleading to limit the Jets threads and many seemed to disagree, but I definitely would like to see less Jets stuff on this forum.

I try to move the general ones to the all-purpose Jets Suck thread, but IMO the tripping scandal and the astonishing Santonio Holmes comments are independent topics. They'd get at least some play on this board even if the Jets weren't involved.

I think it is time for Ian and the moderators to revisit this subject.

Yes, during the season separate incidents - Sal Alosi's knee, Mrs. Ryan's feet, etc., each deserved their own thread.

But ten days after the Jets game and half the threads in the main forum are still all Jet-themed. In my opinion that is ridiculous.

My suggestion: going forward, any and all threads that are primarily about the Jets - or primarily about anything other than the Pats - move immediately to the NFL forum.

What's the point of having that NFL forum if you aren't going to use it? Right now it appears to be nothing more than an archive for old threads like game-day threads of other NFL games after people stop commenting on the topic.

If I'm not mistaken several years ago you had to set up a political forum because the main forum was being overrun with political threads. At the time I'm sure some people were kicking and screaming about having to check two different forums, but in the end it was well worth it. It's time to do the same thing with threads that are not about the Pats.

This past season the same thing is happening - except it is Jet threads. I'm sure that I am not the only one that is sick and tired of a handful of people that won't stop talking about the Jets. If that's what they want to do then fine - let them do it in the appropriate forum. If I want to read commentary about the Pats, I should be able to easily find it on a site called PatsFans.com.

Look at this another way: if people were posting comment after comment and thread after thread in the draft forum about how the Pats should draft so and so to compete with the Jets, laugh at a Jets draft pick, laugh at the Jets lack of draft picks, laud the Jets for their previous draft picks, compare Jets drafts to Pats drafts, compare Jets draft pick trades to Pats draft pick trades, etcetera - would that be permitted? If it was permitted, would it make the draft forum a better place or a worse place? I think the answer is pretty obvious; that forum is better off as is because it focuses on the draft in relation to the Patriots.

Hopefully you'll take my commentary seriously and not just write it off as an angry rant. I can easily foresee a lot of the better posters here leaving for another site (if they haven't done so already) if the current lack of moderation continues, because right now this site is not PatsFans.com; it is IHateTheJets.com or IamObsessedWithTheJets.com - and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back