PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mock have us Dangling Wilfork?? Getting Dorsey??

Status
Not open for further replies.
stupidest thing I have ever read

If McFadden falls to us we take him ... no questions asked. We'll have Maroney, McFadden in the backfield with Moss outside and Welker in the slot. Throw in a TE or another WR and who on earth could stop us???

They only play with one ball and the defense needs some help.

Wow, i wish i could get paid for writing articles based on pure speculation and zero research on team's i pretend to know about.

Well I am not just going against the grain here but I think there might be merit to this. If we have talked with Big Vince this week about an extension and he said no, or wanted to wait to see about the capless coming years(BIG $ for a guy like him)it might end up to be a 2-for 1. If we can get Dorsey(best player on the board) he would be on for 6 years, a high pick for Vince(whose value will NEVER be higher coming off an all pro year), we could be set up for years to come without having to worry about a HUGE contract for Vince next year AND hoping the "2nd best player available" works out. The avg career length of BIG NT like Vince is an awful lot shorter than say Seymour. This could be a GREAT business decision, that said, he is my favorite patriot and I would hate to see him go but...in Bioli we trust!

Well I am not just going against the grain here but I think there might be merit to this. If we have talked with Big Vince this week about an extension and he said no, or wanted to wait to see about the capless coming years(BIG $ for a guy like him)it might end up to be a 2-for 1. If we can get Dorsey(best player on the board) he would be on for 6 years, a high pick for Vince(whose value will NEVER be higher coming off an all pro year), we could be set up for years to come without having to worry about a HUGE contract for Vince next year AND hoping the "2nd best player available" works out. The avg career length of BIG NT like Vince is an awful lot shorter than say Seymour. This could be a GREAT business decision, that said, he is my favorite patriot and I would hate to see him go but...in Bioli we trust!

yes, that is a possibility, being that b.b. always looks down the road a bit. at the same time, this is a completely dumb rumor. I choose not to believe it, like all the other rumors this week. im crawling back into my hole, and not coming out till saturday morning. hopefully then, all the rumor threads will be gone:(

http://www.prodraftguide.net/staffmock07.html

New England Patriots (from SF) - DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU)
The New England Patriots do have to address the interior of the defensive line and they have been rumored to be testing the trade waters with NT Vince Wilfork. With that said, HC Bill Belichick has been known to take the best player available over need as they often find success later in the draft or with veterans at addressing their problem areas. Dorsey's stock has taken a hit and a month ago, it would seem unfathomable for him to slide this far but it is becoming a reality (especially with the medical red flags). Either Gholston, Ellis, or McFadden will fall to the Pats, so this pick does make sense.

that guy is crazy im sure there going to trade a all pro nose tackle to bring in a rookie what is he playing fantasy foot ball lol

Last edited:
Dangling Wilfork is a mighty feat.

Total BS. We would never trade my BFF VW.

Wilfork is the best NT int he NFL period.
especially at 2 gap which not many teams play. this is a completly made up story

this is fake. Wilfork is a NT...Dorsey is a penetrating DT in the tampa 2 mold... This story is bogus.

So they're going to address the interior of the defensive line by destroying it.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I don't know how brain dead rumors could get worse, but they do this time of year.

LOL. But see, technically that would be addressing it!

Yeah, it's mind-boggling. Literally anything can be thrown out there w/no recriminations.

This guy was probably hittin the ganja, Wilfork is our best defensive and youngest defensive lineman.

i dont see the pats trading Wilfork, he stuffs the run and can pressure the qb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick