PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Minicamp Team News thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's Belichick's way of saying, "See Brady? Pout all you want, I'll just keep benching cornerbacks."

Well, you for starters. In your very first post in the other thread, you inferred that he didn’t care and hasn’t cared about the game the way he used to. You also called it his modus operandi this offseason. Not caring about the game typically leads to declining play/performance when one checks out. That’s what it all boiled down to in the end. Otherwise, why would you be concerned? Don’t worry though. That thread will come up many, many, MANY times throughout the season. I’ll make sure of it.

I never said anything about it affecting his play because this would be ridiculous. But whatever keep making stuff up where you just claim people said that his play would be affected by not being at OTAs.

Damn.

This response reads like a freaking Pusha-T diss track.

Only difference being is that I never said anything about Brady needing OTAs for anything. It was a discussion that was solely centered on leadership and his lack of it this offseason during the voluntary phase. So in essence he is putting together a diss track for some argument that only happened in his head.

My very first post on the possibility of Brady/Gronk missing OTAs was "who gives a ****, wake me up when we are in the mandatory portion".

I never said anything about it affecting his play because this would be ridiculous. But whatever keep making stuff up where you just claim people said that his play would be affected by not being at OTAs.
Then what were you concerned with if not his performance suffering when you were worried about his recent “modus operandi” and panicking about how he’s not there to work with his teammates? I find it hard to believe that you’re stupid enough to actually think that one of the greatest and most hard working leaders that any position in football has ever seen was suddenly going to be anything but because he skipped an OTA session.

Only difference being is that I never said anything about Brady needing OTAs for anything. It was a discussion that was solely centered on leadership and his lack of it this offseason during the voluntary phase. So in essence he is putting together a diss track for some argument that only happened in his head.

My very first post on the possibility of Brady/Gronk missing OTAs was "who gives a ****, wake me up when we are in the mandatory portion".
It was?

Just a continuation of his modus operandi throughout the entire preseason. But I am sure some people will continue to pretend that nothing has changed with Brady over the last 12 months. Keep your fingers in your ears and pretend everything is exactly as usual guys.

Also lets stop the it is voluntary narrative. Either you are in or not. Butler got benched for a few days because he showed up late to OTAs. It clearly is important in the team building / team culture sense.

It was Never about Brady's level of play; it was about helping his new potential targets become acclimated as soon as possible.
Which then has the trickle down effect of affecting Brady’s level of play. If his teammates aren’t acclimated because he isn’t there, their play (in this theory) suffers. If their play (again, in this theory) suffers, then Brady’s does. His receivers aren’t running the right routes nor are they where he needs him to be. Therefore, Brady’s play suffers.

Thesis theoretically treue, bit really how it works.

If a WR does get Brady's confidence, he won't enter the season not doing as well as he would be doing with more Brady reps. He probably won't be on the team, or Brady won't throw to him.

The bubble players need time with Brady.

Which then has the trickle down effect of affecting Brady’s level of play. If his teammates aren’t acclimated because he isn’t there, their play (in this theory) suffers. If their play (again, in this theory) suffers, then Brady’s does. His receivers aren’t running the right routes nor are they where he needs him to be. Therefore, Brady’s play suffers.

The backtracking is ok because I think some are just expressing anxiety and aren't really the usual trolls who show up when there is a football story and they come here to say their stupid **** and then go hide until the next time.

Thesis theoretically treue, bit really how it works.

If a WR does get Brady's confidence, he won't enter the season not doing as well as he would be doing with more Brady reps. He probably won't be on the team, or Brady won't throw to him.

The bubble players need time with Brady.

The bubble players need time with Tom but Tom doesn't need time with the bubble players.

Reps are important but it's not Brady's problem they are JAGs.

I bet Tom and JMD can find out if a WR has a chance of doing anything in the offense after a handful of practices.

Yes. There you go.. April 16th:

Same as with Gronk I cant get myself to care over a veteran missing glorified weight workouts and conditioning runs. Until they sit out mandatory mini camp I don't see why anyone would overreact.

From the very first thread that dealt with the rumors of Brady maybe not being there for OTAs.

Then what were you concerned with if not his performance suffering when you were worried about his recent “modus operandi” and panicking about how he’s not there to work with his teammates? I find it hard to believe that you’re stupid enough to actually think that one of the greatest and most hard working leaders that any position in football has ever seen was suddenly going to be anything but because he skipped an OTA session.

I have said it dozens of times. This is about leadership and how in the past he used to accept hard coaching and talked how important OTAs were to him personally only to do a 180 in the last 12 months. None of this has to do with his projected performance which obviously will be totally unaffected by him missing OTAs. It has to do with him changing his perspective on certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3