PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Minicamp Team News thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Etling's throwing motion looks much improved.

Love hearing that Crossen is showing up. I was a big fan of his pre draft.

Edelman looks like Edelman. I think he'll be ready to go full speed in training camp. :)

Etling's throwing motion looks much improved.

Love hearing that Crossen is showing up. I was a big fan of his pre draft.

Edelman looks like Edelman. I think he'll be ready to go full speed in training camp. :)

Not like Jules have anything to prove he should be ready to go Game 1...no unnecessary Pre-Season game please he deserves the Gronk TC treatment.

That LB #58 wants Brady job...nice two way player the GOAT better watch out.:D

A 7th round rookie who looked as raw as Etling coming out will have to look very impressive to win the backup job.

The last Patriot to accomplish that feat (as an UDFA, not 7th rounder) is none other than the man Etling is competing with.

Just a fun fact which shows that it's definitely possible, but not probable, for Etling to win that battle.

In any event, it's good to hear he's taking to new mechanics so quickly. I have a feeling we might have uncovered another Cassell. He might even end up wearing #16.

Was hoping to hear that Mitchell was a full participant, surprised that he wasn't in attendance at all.

here best rundown of OTA Day 2 + pics:

OTA Blogservations: Back to football
_____

some interesting bits and pieces:

-Offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels donned a headset during practice as he presided over things. He was quite vocal throughout the workout.

-Brian Flores may or may not be the de facto defensive coordinator but he certainly seemed to be the man in charge. He was vocal throughout and showed some authority when he instructed players to take penalty laps after jumping offside. He was particularly forceful when he sent Clayborn for one.

-Belichick was up to one of his old tricks as he spent some time squirting water on the football prior to some long snaps for Joe Cardona during a punting drill. Ever the stickler for details, Belichick even turned the ball to make sure he soaked in all around to make life more difficult.

-Former Arkansas and Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema, who has spent most of the offseason working with the Patriots coaching staff, was on the field during the workout.
__

-Defensively the front had Adrian Clayborn and Derek Rivers at end with Vincent Valentine and Danny Shelton at tackles. In full team work, the linebackers were Elandon Roberts, Marquis Flowers and Kyle Van Noy and the secondary had Stephon Gilmore and Ryan Lewis at corner with Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung at safety.

- Adrian Clayborn showed a nice burst, getting the edge against Waddle on a pass attempt. Given reports recently that Clayborn was dealing with a quad injury, his burst was impressive.
__

-Ryan Allen has some competition this year – at least during the spring – as rookie Corey Bojorquez worked alongside the punter. Bojorquez wore No. 71 (white) and showed a big leg. He appeared to get more hang time on his kicks than Allen but at times his seemed to wobble more noticeably. Allen did a better job with his plus-50 kicks, but Bojorquez was impressive.
__

-Chung was victimized late in practice when Jacob Hollister got down the seam and easily beat the safety for the touchdown. Hollister worked past Chung with an inside move and easily grabbed Hoyer’s pass in the end zone during a 7-on-7 drill.

-An interesting change to the positional drills saw the quarterbacks involved both catching passes and running with the ball. During the wide receiver drills both Brian Hoyer and Danny Etling took reps catching the ball. The two then joined the running backs and carried the ball through the gauntlet with the rest of the runners.

Couldn't be happier about Rivers & Crossen is no surprise. 53 out tomorrow & he made it.

Keion Crossen: "I love reading Tom Brady’s draft profile. He had all these negative things said about him. He was too small, he didn’t have a strong arm. There’s always something. Us smaller-school guys always work just a little bit harder".

Observations from Perry:
Observations from Patriots OTA practice No. 2

- A couple of notes from the receiver position, which might be the deepest on the roster at the moment: Cordarrelle Patterson's size and athleticism stand out, which he put on display when he boxed out a defender and easily plucked a pass out of the air in the end zone; Patterson's understanding of where to be and when still needs some refining, from what we saw Tuesday; Jordan Matthews got work as a gunner opposite Matthew Slater.

...Keion Crossen: "I love reading Tom Brady’s draft profile. He had all these negative things said about him. He was too small, he didn’t have a strong arm. There’s always something. Us smaller-school guys always work just a little bit harder"...
Brady was too Small? And came from a Smaller school? News to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes