PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Milan Lucic - 3 Year Extension

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Nice signing by the Bruins ... Milan will eventually be a captain of this team.
Lucic agrees to three-year extension - The Boston Globe Bruins Blog - Boston.com
Milan Lucic, the Bruins' popular and bruising third-year forward, has agreed to a three-year extension with the club through the 2012-13 season, according to the team.

According to TSN, the deal is worth $12.25 million, giving Lucic a $4,083,333 annual cap hit. Lucic will still be a restricted free agent at the end of the contract.

I agree, great signing

I love Milan Lucic, but I think the Bruins massively overpaid for potential. $12+ million over 3 years, for a guy who has never even scored 20 goals in a single season. Obviously I think Lucic has a high ceiling, but in the cap world of the NHL, deals like this end up meaning you can't sign an important player, someplace else. This deal pretty much certifies that Savard won't be resigned.

I love Milan Lucic, but I think the Bruins massively overpaid for potential. $12+ million over 3 years, for a guy who has never even scored 20 goals in a single season. Obviously I think Lucic has a high ceiling, but in the cap world of the NHL, deals like this end up meaning you can't sign an important player, someplace else. This deal pretty much certifies that Savard won't be resigned.

That is assuming they did not have any money left over from other moves to offset the impending cap hit or that they had more money from other deals they worked out...but if he has to go they could have their own reasons like young guys ready to break in down in the minors that are ready...

Last edited:

Well, they can stop paying Glenn Murray after this year. At this point, I think it comes down to what Savard wants. If he wants a significant raise over 5 million, then yes, he's probably gone. If he's willing to re-sign for 4.5 to 5.2 per year, I think Chiavelli can make it work. I think Kobasew and Ryder both have contracts that expire, and they can probably be replaced with cheaper options...Wheeler can certainly take over for one, and maybe either Hamill or Colbourne will be ready to take the leap.

Well, they can stop paying Glenn Murray after this year. At this point, I think it comes down to what Savard wants. If he wants a significant raise over 5 million, then yes, he's probably gone. If he's willing to re-sign for 4.5 to 5.2 per year, I think Chiavelli can make it work. I think Kobasew and Ryder both have contracts that expire, and they can probably be replaced with cheaper options...Wheeler can certainly take over for one, and maybe either Hamill or Colbourne will be ready to take the leap.

Kobasew and Ryder don't expire until after next season so they wouldn't matter yet unless they planned on extending them early...They still have Peter Schaefer's buy out on the books for next year eating up about $766,000 next year though.

As it stands now they have $15,083,334 for extensions and resigning free agents and have about $449,000 in cap space which may be enough to lock up another free agent...
CapGeek.com - NHL salary cap calculator, buyout calculator, free agents and more!

Have to disagree with you. Lucic is worth the money. He's a 21 year old game changer that is only going to get better. Measuring Looch's importance to this team using goals scored is a mistake.

Have to disagree with you. Lucic is worth the money. He's a 21 year old game changer that is only going to get better. Measuring Looch's importance to this team using goals scored is a mistake.

What he said ... :yeahthat: .... :eat3: for this signing. Lucic is captain material.

we need lucic he is going be so good in a few years .he will be a huge force when he gets better off. he can jus sit in front of the net and drive the puck

we need lucic he is going be so good in a few years .he will be a huge force when he gets better off. he can jus sit in front of the net and drive the puck

Wha? :rolleyes2::stars2::attention: ... watch a few games
... Lucic game is all about staying in motion and making the ice bigger for himself and his teamates.

Last edited:
Milan Lucic = Jay Miller + wheels + skills.

Lucic out 4-6 weeks with a finger injury ... :bricks:

I think the first third of the season proves how valuable Lucic is to this team.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back