PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report quotes 'anonymous' Patriot players: "F--- Mike Tomlin!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Brown Video Causing Headaches for Steelers, NFL

“…several Patriots players began responding to text messages from B/R asking what they thought of the video. Specifically, the part where Mike Tomlin called the Patriots “assh–es.”

The first Patriots player responded within minutes. It was, as the kids say, lit.

“F–k Mike Tomlin,” one said.

OK then.

“Why are we assh–es when he’s doing the name-calling?” asked another player. And he had some advice for Brown: “Put the phone down, dude. That violates the trust of your teammates and coaches.”

Last edited:
Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Brown Video Causing Headaches for Steelers, NFL

“…several Patriots players began responding to text messages from B/R asking what they thought of the video. Specifically, the part where Mike Tomlin called the Patriots “assh–es.”

The first Patriots player responded within minutes. It was, as the kids say, lit.

“F–k Mike Tomlin,” one said.

OK then.

“Why are we assh–es when he’s doing the name-calling?” asked another player. And he had some advice for Brown: “Put the phone down, dude. That violates the trust of your teammates and coaches.”

Saw that earlier. I bet that last part is felt by even his teammates. Whatever. The only people who think this will be a close game are the fear mongering hot take media. Just like they thought the Houston game would be a blowout.

The Pats will be on fire. The Steelers will be busy thinking how cool it would be to win a SB. The Pats will be thinking how they can help make history.

I call BS. When you are dealing with issues like this, there can be no anonymous statements. Either print the player's name, or refuse to print this crap. All this is is the worst of journalism. The reader has no means of judging the value of the statement(s) and has to rely on the reporter's honesty. In these sorts of cases, I would easily believe that the entire story is a fabrication designed to stir things up.

I call BS. When you are dealing with issues like this, there can be no anonymous statements. Either print the player's name, or refuse to print this crap. All this is is the worst of journalism. The reader has no means of judging the value of the statement(s) and has to rely on the reporter's honesty. In these sorts of cases, I would easily believe that the entire story is a fabrication designed to stir things up.

Highly doubtful. He had Steelers asst. coaches texting him saying they were highly upset and disappointed.

So he's fine.

Total bs fabricated story. Yeah right, he contacted "several" Patriots. Absolutely no name attached. Throughout the entire article he has NO names from any so called source regardless of what team he is speaking of.

How the hell do hacks like this guy get a job in journalism? Oh wait, this is the same outfit who employs Chris Simms. Garbage at it's worst.

Bleacher Report is like the Enquirer of the sports world.

Last edited:
A wise man once said.

It starts with anonymous quotes , and then anonymous quotes turn into assumptions, and then assumptions turn into vacations.

Color me skeptical that they would have responded to a text message. I'm assuming they texted him back, allegedly. If so, it would have left a "paper trail" to attach a name to the text even if one party deleted it... Let's just say I think Patriots players are smarter than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes