PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mid season report card

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
QB: B- Not a bad start. Still has the reins on. At times he's looked great at other times a rookie.
RB: B-. OL issues haven't helped but I was expecting a bit more from these guys. Now I hope they're healthy.
OL: C-. Gotten better over the last couple of weeks - that trend ended yesterday. Lots of room for improvement
TE: C+
WR: C

DL: B. Getting better every week. Run defense was putrid last year now it's not bad.
LB: B. What else can I say about Judon. HT looks like he's at the end sadly. Liked the Collins pickup.
Secondary: B+. Even without Gilmore a pleasant surprise for most of the season. A-game yesterday.

Special teams: B+. Folk has been great. Bailey's punting hasn't been as crisp as we've known it but I'm sure that he'll figure it out. Hope Gunner is ok
Coaching: B. Not bad other than some really timid playcalling at times.

Team MVP: Judon. One of the best FA signings here in ages.

Last edited:
After watching Jordan Love (and Mahomes for that matter) yesterday, I think I'd raise the QB to B+
Played like a rookie yesterday. INT was bad decision, as bad as he’s thrown all year.

But the rookie gets back up. He throws the TD to Henry. He leads at the podium after the game (I’ll work hard to get better, my teammates are awesome).

There is much to like. Much. And, as you stated, watching other QBs (including some non-rookies like Darnold)…

After watching Jordan Love (and Mahomes for that matter) yesterday, I think I'd raise the QB to B+

Basic competence has become a metric for excellence in QB play this year.

QB: B- Not a bad start. Still has the reins on. At times he's looked great at other times a rookie.
RB: B-. OL issues haven't helped but I was expecting a bit more from these guys. Now I hope they're healthy.
Two Bs from me, though I'm grading the rookie QB on a slight curve... RBs for the most part have taken what they've been given...

OL: C-. Gotten better over the last couple of weeks - that trend ended yesterday. Lots of room for improvement
Yeah still too much chaos in the pocket for my liking... and I thought that Mason & Onwenu would be more formidable as a wall behind which to run...

TE: C+
WR: C
Yeah not even close to being worth the money they're all paid, but based purely on performance they're right about at league-average, replacement-level standard.

DL: B. Getting better every week. Run defense was putrid last year now it's not bad.
B- from me... We need better than Carl Davis for the role he's ass-igned.

LB/ED: B. What else can I say about Judon. HT looks like he's at the end sadly. Liked the Collins pickup.
B- again... Yeah Hightower was awful yesterday... The rest of them besides Judon aren't much faster...

Secondary: B+. Even without Gilmore a pleasant surprise for most of the season. A-game yesterday.
B... still not a believer in Mills/whoever as Outside CB #2... Myles Bryant's hanging in there however as JJones' replacement... many of us thought that he had a pretty good chance to make the opening week 53 because of this possibility...

Special teams: B+. Folk has been great. Bailey's punting hasn't been as crisp as we've known it but I'm sure that he'll figure it out. Hope Gunner is ok
Yeah Bailey is certainly Not performing at a pro-bowl level so far this season... We knew Gunner was in trouble as soon as he was hit, though he seemed in better condition afterwards than either Omen or Rham did, unfortunately...

Coaching: B. Not bad other than some really timid play-calling at times.
Yep, we need more razzle-dazzle, imagination & toughness on short-yardage 3rd-down situations, especially around the Goal Line & the edge of FG range... and to go for the 1st down more often on 4th downs...

Team MVP: Judon. One of the best FA signings here in ages.
No argument here.

Reactions: sb1
MVP Judon

This draft looks allready so good
Mac Barmore Rham

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes