PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Floyd is a beast !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sign for us.

Blount gets cut mideseason from the Steelers we pick him up and win the SB.

Floyd gets cut late in the season, thank you very much
Works for me:)

Is that Lippett somehow related to Ronnie Lippett?

Did somebody just call Christopher Hogan "slight"???
icon_lol.gif

David Givens was my kind of WideOut. At 6000/216, he was a Flanker's Height but a Split End's Weight, what I tend to call a Slot End. Not Fast, but Quick, and Quick wins one Hell of a lot more Championships than Fast...Beefy and...Physical, which he, Floyd, Hogan, and Mitchell all have in common.

Christopher Hogan.
Malcolm Mitchell.
Michael Floyd.

Mad Bill has imported more 1st Round level WideOut Talent in less'n a Year than ever before.

And he's learned from'is own Mistakes, too, getting 3 guys with rare Intelligence & Drive.

And I'm proud to say that I was sky freaking high on all 3'f'm!!

Oh. And he paid about a Buck and a half to get'm. :eek:

Nice post, OTG. Kind of puts the Ochocinco stuff well behind us, eh?

Thanks, Bro...And nicely put!! Just an absolutely astonishing Haul by Mad Bill!!
beer.gif

The Ghosts of Chad Jackson and Chad (Ocho) Johnson can now rest!!
jester.gif

What Tom is referring to is the fact that alcoholism is a potentially fatal disease that never goes away and must be managed moment to moment for the rest of his life.

Do we know that he's an alcoholic? I've certainly been very drunk before but I also have the ability to limit it to 1 or 2 drinks, or even 0 drinks if I want.

Do we know that he's an alcoholic? I've certainly been very drunk before but I also have the ability to limit it to 1 or 2 drinks, or even 0 drinks if I want.
No I would say we don't. He got a DUI in college 5 years ago, not sure how drunk he was that night. I haven't seen any report of any other incidents till this one, where he measured .21. You have to drink 10-12 beers in a few hours to get to that, so that's concerning for sure, but on the other hand it's possible this was a rare binge for him. He might not have any more of a drinking problem than 95% of us here, who have all gotten too drunk on occasion, or he may have a serious problem. If he's just an occasional social binger, then he has to never forget how wasted he got, and never drive again when drinking, and it's very possible he could make those changes and never be in this situation again.

No I would say we don't. He got a DUI in college 5 years ago, not sure how drunk he was that night.

We don't know if he's an alcoholic, but we know he has a drunk driving problem. You don't get 2 DUI's from 2 drunk driving incidents, you get them from a pattern of drunk driving incidents. I mean, watch the video, he is PASSED OUT drunk in his car for several changes of the light, the officer is really banging on the window before he wakes up, and when he does, he is completely out of it.

But hey, add a rider to his contract that includes a chauffeur, and require that he not drive his own vehicle after 6pm or he surrenders his signing bonus.

He reportedly has been arrested four times for alcohol-related offenses and is said to have a "problem" which strongly suggests alcoholism. It's hard to imagine someone being upright at .217, which also suggests high alcohol tolerance (from frequent imbibing). Whether he's a bona fide alcoholic is pretty much beside the point since drinking has proven seriously problematic for the guy.

His toe tapping sideline catch was nice as well.

Awesome block.

He reportedly has been arrested four times for alcohol-related offenses and is said to have a "problem" which strongly suggests alcoholism. It's hard to imagine someone being upright at .217, which also suggests high alcohol tolerance (from frequent imbibing). Whether he's a bona fide alcoholic is pretty much beside the point since drinking has proven seriously problematic for the guy.

Please for the love of god can someone finally post a source on those additional arrests ?

I searched for that when we first signed him but apart from his college issues and the one here now which are over 5 years apart I wasn't able to find anything. No one ever was able to actually give a source on those additional arrests apart from "read it on a Cardinals message board".

Please for the love of god can someone finally post a source on those additional arrests ?

I searched for that when we first signed him but apart from his college issues and the one here now which are over 5 years apart I wasn't able to find anything. No one ever was able to actually give a source on those additional arrests apart from "read it on a Cardinals message board".

Sure:

2010 SEASON
Arrested for drunken driving on Notre Dame campus in March 2011, received probation, had anti-drunk-driving ignition device installed in his care after 90-day driving prohibition.
2009 SEASON
Cited for underage consumption of alcohol in January 2010 in Minnesota, was in the area of a fight to which police were called.
2008 SEASON
Cited for underage consumption of alcohol in May 2009 in Minnesota, pled guilty.

Source: Michael Floyd, Notre Dame (CBSSports.com draft profile)

Floyd has been getting into trouble with alcohol since he was a teenager, and despite arrests and being suspended from his college team, he hasn't stopped drinking. He has a problem.

Sure:

Floyd has been getting into trouble with alcohol since he was a teenager, and despite arrests and being suspended from his college team, he hasn't stopped drinking. He has a problem.
What I cannot find is any admission that he has a problem to be fixed. He says repeatedly he's not looking back. Sounds a lot like denial.

Sure:

2 out of those 3 incidents are for underage drinking, you'd be hard pressed to find an underage kid who doesn't drink with their friends on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back