PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's Wasted Top 10 Pick Ginn Not Progressing As Planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice

You are 'conversing' with me--not 'you guys' or 'your buddies'.

I say that Ginn will end up being a decent player, but as a high 1st round pick, he will be viewed as a failure.

I never said that first down receptions will be Welker's game--Welker is a possession receiver--excellent routes, good hands, reliable, hard working. You might remember the guy from last year when he caught more passes than Booker or Chambers.

I would rather give the ball to the guy that has shown that he can catch 50+ passes in an NFL season, can run a route like clockwork and can take a hit. A player that has SHOWN that he can get it done at the NFL level. So yes, until 'electrifying' is a statistic that yields first downs and points, I'll take the slot receiver whose PRO career can be measured and referred to.

A proven NFL player v. a proven College player?

I suspect that, if the college player was drafted by the Miami Dolphins, you'd make that mistake every time.

That's all fine. But I saw Ginn make a catch, get whacked and hang on for the first down. I saw him adjust his route when the QB was on the run and make the catch for a first down. I saw him hit a block on a DB that sprung Cleo Lemon to scramble for a first down. Any one that questions his toughness just hasn't seen him play.

You don't know someone until they open their mouth with the truth. The only truth about Welker is that he's a coward

I defer to your demonstrated expertise...2 X welcher!

You don't know someone until they open their mouth with the truth. The only truth about Welker is that he's a coward and knows he's not the kind of player that can help turn a team around.

Honestly, how do you reconcile that Welker love-fest post from five months ago with your current stance that he's a bum? Also, how is Welker a "coward?"

Last edited:
Welker is not a coward. He is on "Murderers Row" remember?

Honestly, how do you rectify that Welker love-fest post from five months ago with your current stance that he's a bum? Also, how is Welker a "coward?"

Why did he have to wait till he was in New England before he opened his mouth? Why couldn't he be a man and stand up to the vets on this team that all want to kick his ass now?

Amazing, he went from having a heart the size of a bus and a great person AND one of your favorite players to a coward.

Man, you are one bitter, angry person.

My advice; switch to decaf.

Amazing, he went from having a heart the size of a bus and a great person AND one of your favorite players to a coward.

Man, you are one bitter, angry person.

My advice; switch to decaf.
no hes a ******ed mental patient

Why did he have to wait till he was in New England before he opened his mouth? Why couldn't he be a man and stand up to the vets on this team that all want to kick his ass now?

What'd he say again?

What'd he say again?

In short, he said he would day dream during games about wanting to play for the Pats. Basically he wasn't focusing on helping the Dolphins win, but rather fulfulling his fantasies of playing for the enemy.

In short, he said he would day dream during games about wanting to play for the Pats. Basically he wasn't focusing on helping the Dolphins win, but rather fulfulling his fantasies of playing for the enemy.
translation .he was sick and tired of getting his ass kicked every Sunday playing on a team that sucks.imagine him wanting to play for a winner .what a scum bag lol :rolleyes: .grow up you adolescent thumb sucking goof

So a supposedly unfocused guy led the team in receptions. What does that say for the rest of the team? Can't blame the man for wanting to play for a real franchise.

So a supposedly unfocused guy led the team in receptions. What does that say for the rest of the team? Can't blame the man for wanting to play for a real franchise.

Of course that's your reaction. If it were a player doing that to the Patriots and coming to the Dolphins, you would hate him too.

He didn't say that but even if he did, he's the man. If I were a Dolphins fan from last year I wouldn't be mad at him. The Dolphins sucked horribly, I can't blame a player from wanting to get off a sunk ship.

You are pretty much the only Dolphin fan I know who would even suggest that Welker didn't give his absolute best every time he stepped onto the field as a Dolphin.

Just because he admired the Patriots doesn't mean he didn't play hard for the Dolphins. Get a brain you bitter little man.

Last edited:
How do you get the ball to Ginn in space if he doesn't run solid routes? Unless you are running straight down the sideline against a DB that can't match your speed, route running is #1.

Well I can only tell you what I've seen to get him open in College:
a. He can beat players down the sideline. One of the biggest downfield threats in NCAA.
b. Tressel did a lot of Flanker Screens, curls, and outs. All of those will get a guy in space.
c. When I say not a solid route-runner i don't mean has no understanding of the routes he's running. A solid route guy would be Welker, or Gonzalez. What Ginn has in speed, however, makes up for the route running.
d. Does not cross the field often due to lack of size, might be one of the reasons he's not considered a route runner.

I do not know how Cameron will run his offense and game plan with Ginn. There are however ways to get a guy in space and I'm sure Cameron would know how to do so.

I'm not trying to argue with or against either of these guys. I'm just saying wait till a guy performs during the season to call him a bust.

Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04

I dont think Welker was dreaming about being a patriot when he lit our team up all the time on PR and KR. I was always scared when he was getting the ball.

Of course that's your reaction. If it were a player doing that to the Patriots and coming to the Dolphins, you would hate him too.

No, I wouldn't. It's obvious that Welker played 100% all the time, regardless of what he was dreaming about between plays.

I dream about a certain specific job all day at work, and yet I'm not mailing it in at my current job.

Learn how to think critically.

You don't know someone until they open their mouth with the truth. The only truth about Welker is that he's a coward and knows he's not the kind of player that can help turn a team around.

WHAT? How the hell is Welker a coward? Damn, Aqua, you've said some pretty moronic things, but this takes the cake.

What are you babbling on about?

Are you upset because he's voiced the same dissenting opinion about the Dolphins Front Office that Thomas and Taylor made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft