PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Meyers to LV Raiders

Tom Curren is reporting Meyers is telling people Bill didn't even want to offer him anything. Both he and Phil Perry think it's because of him questioning the offense, game plan during the year and sticking up for Mac.

Tom Curren is reporting Meyers is telling people Bill didn't even want to offer him anything. Both he and Phil Perry think it's because of him questioning the offense, game plan during the year and sticking up for Mac.
That's bad optics... I hope this is not true else she's real bad light on Bills ability to take on criticism.

Jesus. Hope that's not the case.

So two people are speculating and people are taking that as gospel.

Sounds about right.

It amazes me on how much people can glean from bland statements.

Drama, your name is patriots fan

so Schuster was cheaper....once again, Pats take the cheap player I stead of the better player

so Schuster was cheaper....once again, Pats take the cheap player I stead of the better player

I certainly hope JJ was cheaper... Defeats the purpose of not re-signing Meyers otherwise... Unless of course something other than cost/benefit was taken into account...

I really think that his early comments questioning the game plan of the team together with one of all time dumbest laterals, in a huge game with playoff implications, I have ever seen was plenty to be a dealbreaker.

I haven’t seen a lateral that dumb in 1st-2nd grade flag football- and those 7 year olds love to lateral at any opportunity. If you are going to scrap the game plan and do it your own way, with your own call, your own call can’t be stupid.

This board is so filled with critics of all things Pats, yet Meyers seems to giant a giant free pass on this. It’s like there is a collective amnesia about it. It wasn’t a physical error, like a drop. It was an historically poor decision. In a season filled with mental errors, stupid penalties, and lack of focus, it was by far the biggest errors. All of the press, there were folks saying “This is shocking to see this play on a Belichick coached team.” It was humiliating. I think once that play happened, he was dead to Bill.

Combine the questioning, the stupidity of the lateral, and the marginal physical talent/upside and you have an ex patriot. I simply can’t see where this surprises anyone. You can’t talk out of turn, then directly be part of a huge loss through stupidity and get resigned for tens of millions of dollars unless you are a star who more often than not helps you win games. Jakobi Meyers is not a star.

Meyers also said he didn't know what happened in the Lateral From Hell play. Maybe that's why he's not on the team anymore.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back