PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Meyers to LV Raiders

Oh for the love of ****ing god, taxes aren't stopping elite players from going to teams in California, New York, or freaking Chicago and it wouldn't stop players from coming here if we were either A: elite or B: PAID THEM.

When Bourne was acquired I called the two of them redundant, two really similar players.
Edelman and Amendola worked pretty well together on the field at the same time. Good WRs are never redundant.

And if you put Meyers on the field for max snaps, that's pinning someone faster and more talented on the bench.
Like who? Skinny twig Thornton?

I'd take Darius Slayton over Meyers all day everyday.
Not sure why but what do you think Slayton is going to cost? If it's similar money to Meyers then I'm going to lose my mind.

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

You pay taxes based on where the game is played so 8 or 9 at home and then the rest on the road.

Just listened to 98.5 and James Stewart's "source" in the Patriots who is rarely right said the Pats offered Meyers two years, $12 million total. Of course that is now the narrative on the afternoon show on 98.5 that the Patriots insulted Meyers with an offer.

If you believe taxes have ANYTHING to do with it you're a rube. We aren't a destination anymore because we both suck and won't pay enough to offset the fact that we suck.
It's doesn't help

....yes but this place still sucks.

Edelman and Amendola worked pretty well together on the field at the same time. Good WRs are never redundant.
Nobody said they were "bad," but Meyers at 11 million per was a bit rich.
Like who? Skinny twig Thornton?
Thornton is the same exact size as Jameson Williams, only now he's bigger and has more experience. Marcus Jones is also a dynamic athlete, he looks like Tyreek with the ball in his hands. Draft another one, draft two... and bring a guy like Slayton in.
Not sure why but what do you think Slayton is going to cost? If it's similar money to Meyers then I'm going to lose my mind.
Meyers was considered the #1 WR available in free agency, he should cost the most among all free agent WR's.

Slayton at the cost of Meyers or much less is better value. Meyers ran a 4.6 forty, Slayton ran a 4.3 forty at the combine. Different players, different skillsets, but we have Bourne so Meyers was redundant.

Then get out of the thread. You keep making the same post whining about people being negative. Of course people are going to be negative when we didn’t sign one of the only homegrown wide receivers that’s been any good here. He didn’t even get overpaid. It was a contract that we could have and should have matched for a player we know works in our system.
Post of the year: that's how hypocrites like him act pathetic.

If you believe taxes have ANYTHING to do with it you're a rube. We aren't a destination anymore because we both suck and won't pay enough to offset the fact that we suck.
Hahaha... yeah, millions of dollars means less than feelings.

My mind would be changed if we got a true #1 but is there reason to believe that will happen given our history? Last time that happened was 16 years ago.

I think the context is completely different, and I would expect Belichick to recognize that and act accordingly. There is no doubt that Belichick took advantage of Brady’s ability to adapt to any situation Belichick put him in and still win. Given that Belichick used his available resources to shore up other areas of the team, and counted on Brady to get it done regardless of his weapons. Now for the most obvious point of all, Mac Jones isn’t Tom Brady, and the Patriots are not going to be able to compete in their division, let alone the Conference and League unless Belichick seriously upgrades the skill positions around him, and Belichick must know this. Their failures last season are all on Belichick, he didn’t give them the coaches or players necessary to compete, and that can only go on for so long. This a franchise that expects to win, and they haven’t been truly competitive since Brady left. And while that is understandable, in that you don’t transition from a 20 year dynasty easily, enough time has now passed that Belichick should have put together a really competitive team. That’s isn’t exactly easy given the powerhouse the AFC has become, but it’s still the expectation. Like Brady I believe no one has higher standards for Belichick than he does, and he knows he has to start delivering. That being the case I expect him to be more aggressive than he has been at times in the past. That doesn’t mean you wade into a bad free agency market and throw money around at average players, but it does mean that you take advantage of opportunities for a major upgrade if they are there, and the two biggest opportunities for that are Lamar Jackson, and DeAndre Hopkins. There will still be opportunities to build a better team, and they may go a more conservative route, but whatever decisions they make will rest completely on Belichick’s shoulders.

I realize that the subject of Jackson is a polarizing one, and I think it’s a long shot that they would go that route, but if they did it would make them instant contenders, and the AFCE, as well as the AFC in general would be wild if they did make that move. I’m not a huge fan of Jackson, and the idea of the Patriots being the team to throw a fully guaranteed contract at him is somewhat out there, but seeing them stick it to the Ravens, and giving him a deal they would refuse to match would be hilarious. And their salty tears would be delicious.

Moss wasn't a FA. He was brought here by trade. WW was a RFA but the Pats traded for him.
One of the greatest trades in league history. They gave the Raiders 4th, got a couple of HIF caliber seasons out of him, and then got a 3rd from the Vikings for him.

Hahaha... yeah, millions of dollars means less than feelings.
EDIT: Never mind. Don't want to sidetrack the thread because of Bedard's idiocy.

Guess Meyers won't know what it's like to have Waller on the same offense:

All they got from the Giants was a 3rd rounder.

Guess Josh just isn't a fan?

Oh for the love of ****ing god, taxes aren't stopping elite players from going to teams in California, New York, or freaking Chicago and it wouldn't stop players from coming here if we were either A: elite or B: PAID THEM.
The Office Thank You GIF

It's just those with an axe to grind against either team or the commonwealth. Low key hoping to turn it into a political argument.

I’m honestly not as worried about this as everyone else here is. He was a solid player but not not a game changer. If they acquire a game changing player at the same position, the overall group should be fine. Spending $11M on Meyers would have just kept them where they were last year which was not going to get you that far, they’d still need to acquire another guy.
Here comes the spin doctors justifying BB's horrible move. Meyers got exactly what some of us myself included thought he was worth $11Mill. So you get rid of your Struggling QB best target Bravo. Bottom line we should and could have kept him.

McD loading up in LV...if Jimmy G can stay healthy, they'll have a really good offense.
he wont stay healthy...never has. I really liked him coming out of college but its easy to see that he cant be trusted to stay healthy

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back