PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meyers and Olszewski stepped up last night vs NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meyers was very good, except for whiffing on a couple of blocks. He will learn that. His catches in traffic showed good hands and great body control.
Meyers and Izzo were both whiffing out there

Impressed by his hands last night. Need him to get more looks I hope moving forward. Gordon's knee/ankle might take a few weeks to recover.

Would be nice ...
But it's easier to perform when the opponent has little video on you.
So I will optimistically hold my breathe and hope it continues.

May I suggest be optimistic and breathe? I mean, the next game isn't for another 10 days!

I've been a Gunner fan since the first day. He is a football player first and foremost. I am convinced that once he learns to run routes, he's gonna be squirrel-level.

I'm looking forward to how he does next year when they put some muscle mass on him.

I didn't get to watch any of the game last night and the official game thread was brutal to read through. I see that Gunner had 2 catches on 3 targets on 50(!) snaps. How did he look blocking?

Which one is going to be number 74?

I've been a Gunner fan since the first day. He is a football player first and foremost. I am convinced that once he learns to run routes, he's gonna be squirrel-level.

I don't think that GO has the same knack for finding the open spaces as JE. I can see that on his punt returns. Hopefully he'll learn.

:) :)

Aren't folks wonder why BB is looking for another WR? After all, we have Edelman, Dorsett and Gordon. Harry will be a top contributor. Meyers is making great catches, and is definitely a NFL receiver. And Gunner is the next Troy Brown or Edelman.

I remember the arguments over the years (including this year and last) with regard to whether we should carry 4 or 5 WR's plus Slater. Now, it seems that 6 is NOT enough. Josh will find roles for 7 WR's. I suppose he'll convince BB to have a couple more STer's inactive.

I totally agree with this. I hope Brady stops the bellyaching & works with these kids. They may have something here...

What bellyaching? You mean he didn’t ask them to move into his house like he did AB and doesn’t “like” their every social media post like he does AB’s? I wouldn’t call that bellyaching

Yes, Meyers and Gunner played OK against essentially preseason opposition. The giants are one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Jacobi Meyers and GO really had good days at the office after Gordon went down. They were effective when called upon, and their persence on the field kept the Giants D from focusing too much on Edelman.

Not bad for a couple guys that people (myself included) were arguing shouldn't be on the roster.

Jacobi Meyers and GO really had good days at the office after Gordon went down. They were effective when called upon, and their persence on the field kept the Giants D from focusing too much on Edelman.

Not bad for a couple guys that people (myself included) were arguing shouldn't be on the roster.

By “stepped up”, I suppose you mean ambulant. Which is more than could be said for Harry, Meredith, Dorsett, Gordon, Jakob, LaCosse at that stage. It’s all relative I suppose. At this stage we’re happy with anybody that can stay on the field. The only reason Gunner took 50 snaps on offense was because we literally had noone else, not because he was out there replicating OBJ or Moss’ rookie seasons.

:) :)

Aren't folks wonder why BB is looking for another WR? After all, we have Edelman, Dorsett and Gordon. Harry will be a top contributor. Meyers is making great catches, and is definitely a NFL receiver. And Gunner is the next Troy Brown or Edelman.

I remember the arguments over the years (including this year and last) with regard to whether we should carry 4 or 5 WR's plus Slater. Now, it seems that 6 is NOT enough. Josh will find roles for 7 WR's. I suppose he'll convince BB to have a couple more STer's inactive.

Is there a reason why you are ignoring that Gordon and Dorsett are injured, Edelman is beat up and Harry isn't eligible to return yet?

I also have to ask, do you recognize the difference between "could be the next" and "is"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back