PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merry XMAS fellow Draftniks!

Where's the NORAD BB tracker?

He's almost in Australia. We're gonna get a nice Tipp on our pick;)

I even got a draftmas present, a brand new Apple Watch today. Unfortunately, this is not the weekend to road test the activity app.

This is my favorite weekend of the year. When I became an old man, my desire has been to be
around for one more draft. I get a kick out of the post-draft activity when the udfas start to sign.
Because of twitter, the Patriots can't hide who they have signed.
I get frustrated when they pass over the priority udfas and bottom feed like last year. This year,
they have no excuse to not land two or three top priority players. They have $80,000 in bonus
money to spend on only four or five players while other teams have to spread their money over
15 to 20 players.

This is my favorite weekend of the year. When I became an old man, my desire has been to be
around for one more draft. I get a kick out of the post-draft activity when the udfas start to sign.
Because of twitter, the Patriots can't hide who they have signed.
I get frustrated when they pass over the priority udfas and bottom feed like last year. This year,
they have no excuse to not land two or three top priority players. They have $80,000 in bonus
money to spend on only four or five players while other teams have to spread their money over
15 to 20 players.

Two names I'd look at if they aren't drafted are. Terry Williams - The dope smokin NG from ECU. And, Miles Dieffenbach - G -PSU. Dieffenbach tore his ACL in Spring of 2014. Came back to play a couple of games. Another name is Ross Travis - TE - PSU. Was a power forward on hoops teams. Gonna give football a try.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...s-travis-dunks-on-7-footer-a-j-hammons-video/

I get frustrated when they pass over the priority udfas and bottom feed like last year.

You just made our bottom-feeder UDFAs cry.

Malcolm2.jpg

I even got a draftmas present, a brand new Apple Watch today. Unfortunately, this is not the weekend to road test the activity app.
Nice!! I'm curious to know your impressions. I really want one, but I don't see much luck convincing the wife we should spend $300 on another device :(

Nice!! I'm curious to know your impressions. I really want one, but I don't see much luck convincing the wife we should spend $300 on another device

Just sell her on the fact that it will keep you in better shape and health with constant reminders to stand up and drink some water throughout the day... ;)

They have $80,000 in bonus
15 to 20 players.

True, also the Malcolm Butler factor might help them to convince some of the more coveted UDFA that they have a real shot if they work their ass off in Foxboro.

On that note, I find it somehow extremely stupid that the amount of money you can use as bonuses to UDFA is capped. There is already a roster maximum and a salary cap this should be enough to limit the flow of UDFA. Artificially decreasing the amount of money they can make further just leads to situations where many of them end up homeless (or at least close to poverty) a year later because they only got a few thousand dollars out of an entire offseason of work.

Just sell her on the fact that it will keep you in better shape and health with constant reminders to stand up and drink some water throughout the day... ;)
Somehow I think she knows that won't do me much good... When I'm at work I'm on my feet most of the time already, and when I'm off it would likely get ignored lol

It's not really Christmas.

It's more a weird amalgamation of Hanukkah and Yom Kippur.

On that note, I find it somehow extremely stupid that the amount of money you can use as bonuses to UDFA is capped. There is already a roster maximum and a salary cap this should be enough to limit the flow of UDFA. Artificially decreasing the amount of money they can make further just leads to situations where many of them end up homeless (or at least close to poverty) a year later because they only got a few thousand dollars out of an entire offseason of work.

I think the reason is to prevent some 6th and 7th round picks from being angry that a UDFA is getting more money than them, plus the opportunity to choose their team instead of being forced onto one.

Sometimes I feel more like Charlie Brown at Halloween.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back