PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merriman to waivers today also

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about something.....

Would you be wanting him as a starter or backup?

Whatever BB decides is fine with me. If BB wants him I want him. If BB wants to be a starter or a situational pass rusher then I want that.

images

Lights out Shawne

merriman4.jpg

An oft-injured one gapping OLB who hasn't looked the same since he's been off the juice and is somewhat of a prima donna? No thanks.

Coming from the same guy who wanted an old, washed up, prima donna, locker room dividing Terrell Owens in addition to Moss this past off-season. Amazing how past experiences with the player and the team he's played for can warp the perception of a guy.

Pats biggest need on D: pass rush. This guy was the best in the league when he was healhy. What's the downside to bringing him in? He had a great 2007 after being off the roids until he got cheap shotted by Tennessee around week 14 and hurt his knee. Still had double digit sacks. ACL injuries are two year injuries. It was pretty clear there was a disconnect in SD between merriman and the team. AJ smith didnt want him there and Merriman didn't want to play without contact security so he milked some injuries this year. Amazing how some want a 36 year old known locker room killer who drops a ton of balls but dont want a 26 year old pass rusher for basically nothing. Stop making it personal just because he has criticized the pats or said he hated the pats in the past. It's strictly business. There is no reason to not take a shot on him. He could make this team a SB contender and save us a pick on OLB in April if he works out. I'd rather get Merriman than bring back moss.

Crable on crutches > Merriman

we want young talent.... not a dying breed aka "has been":eek:

Juice made him awesome.....

nowadays:bricks::bricks::bricks:

Last edited:
Harrison =/= Merriman, just for clarification. Just because they came from the Chargers doesn't mean they have the same left.

Pats biggest need on D: pass rush. This guy was the best in the league when he was healhy. What's the downside to bringing him in? He had a great 2007 after being off the roids until he got cheap shotted by Tennessee around week 14 and hurt his knee. Still had double digit sacks. ACL injuries are two year injuries. It was pretty clear there was a disconnect in SD between merriman and the team. AJ smith didnt want him there and Merriman didn't want to play without contact security so he milked some injuries this year. It's strictly business. There is no reason to not take a shot on him. He could make this team a SB contender and save us a pick on OLB in April if he works out. I'd rather get Merriman than bring back moss.

If true, I say let BB give him a physical, and work him out. I assumed he's finished, but admittedly, I do not watch SD games. Personally, i'd rather trade for Suggs :D

I'm thinking that I do not want to claim the beast. He's a d-beast.

Coming from the same guy who wanted an old, washed up, prima donna, locker room dividing Terrell Owens in addition to Moss this past off-season. Amazing how past experiences with the player and the team he's played for can warp the perception of a guy.

Pats biggest need on D: pass rush. This guy was the best in the league when he was healhy. What's the downside to bringing him in? He had a great 2007 after being off the roids until he got cheap shotted by Tennessee around week 14 and hurt his knee. Still had double digit sacks. ACL injuries are two year injuries. It was pretty clear there was a disconnect in SD between merriman and the team. AJ smith didnt want him there and Merriman didn't want to play without contact security so he milked some injuries this year. Amazing how some want a 36 year old known locker room killer who drops a ton of balls but dont want a 26 year old pass rusher for basically nothing. Stop making it personal just because he has criticized the pats or said he hated the pats in the past. It's strictly business. There is no reason to not take a shot on him. He could make this team a SB contender and save us a pick on OLB in April if he works out. I'd rather get Merriman than bring back moss.

My Thoughts Exactly....

I remember the last time San Diego said a defensive player was done.

He ended up being the greatest safety to ever for the Pats!

I remember the last time they said a running back was done.

He's averaging five yards a carry

For me the situation is as follows:

1. Who do you cut on the current roster to make room for him?
2. During games, whose turn in the rotation do you curtail to give him room to play?

Big difference. When I wanted T.O., we had just let Boldin slide by to the Ravens and seemingly weren't making any moves for receivers. I've since stated that I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole connected to another ten foot pole with the team the way it's currently constructed.

As for your next paragraph, pretty much every single sentence in it is horribly wrong.

Jay Glazer says his sources say the Bills will put in a claim for him. I guess that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes