PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty interview on Sirius XM (1:30PM Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
On SiriusXM Blitz.

Show is great today, curious to hear interview with McCourty!

Some notes I took from the interview. Overall, pretty chill, not flashy. He's a Patriot. One funny moment was when they asked about Antonio Brown's Facebook Live post.

Q: How have your defense been so good at keeping scores low?
A: It's all bout planning. We are a blue collar team and we follow Matt Patricia's gameplan we get Wednesday and just try to do our job.

Q: How much does the xtra day help that Tomlin complained about.
A: It helps if you use it right. When we are in that situation the coaches talk about it a lot trying to get us to work hard to get back to normal. We do have to play catchup and try to take advantage of every minute of the day to do that.

Q: How do you plan to limit Bell/Brown?
A: Those two will be the keys to our gameplan. It will be very tough game. They find ways to dominate the game and help the team win. It will take all 11 guys, there won't be 1-2 of us that can stop them, but a full team effort if we hope to win.

Q: How different are they now versus the when played earlier in season?
A: They've gotten better. Between Sept and now they have been finding themselves, just like we do later in the season. BB says you have to improve as the season progresses. As long as you get better you have a chance. They are no different--they have improved, especially their offense they have been dominant taking games over early.

Q: Facebook live stuff from Brown--do you use it as motivation? Is it bulletin board material?
A: [Laughs out loud] Social media in our locker room is a no-no [Interviewers laugh too, because it seems pretty clear everyone is imagining someone pulling that **** in a Belichick locker room]. You would not do that while BB is talking. Our biggest motivation is to get to the Super Bowl. That's what all our hard work is about. Some people buy into social media stuff but I don't.

Q: A lot is made about your transition from corner to safety: how much has your experience as corner helped?
A: Mainly in communication about how to handle different situations [frankly I didn't quite get his answer here]. But playing against Tom Brady all the time, making plays on him, is a huge advqantage.

Q: Matt Patricia will probalby stay in NE. What kind of impact does he have?
A: Huge. You build up relationships over years which is helpful. It would bittersweet if he left for another team, just like trades/free agency issues. He's taught me a lot about playing defense and being a leader.

Q: You've been in 15 postseason games, your brother none. How's that work out at dinner is it awkward?
A: Yeah, that can be tough. I sure hope he can start getting some postseason games.

Q: Feb 18th sickle cell initiative you and your brother work on you want to say something about that?
A: It's a blood drive in NJ we want to get 200 people out to donate blood. Jason and I are there trying to get people to contribute. Hopefully folks can come out and help, and please visit our web site:

Tackle Sickle Cell - Educating the public, increasing blood donations and raising money and awareness to fight sickle cell disease

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey