PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty DROY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Cold Bruschi

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else who would be in the running with D-Mac.

Suh! The guy is a beast. Barring an injury or a hitting a major rookie wall, the guy has the thing locked up already. He has 6.5 sacks.

Suh will take it home and rightfully so. Mccourty looks the the next stud CB though. :D

Suh by himself and it's not close

Suh! The guy is a beast. Barring an injury or a hitting a major rookie wall, the guy has the thing locked up already. He has 6.5 sacks.

Yep, Suh is a force. In a typical year, though, McCourty would clearly be a candidate.

Suh will take it home and rightfully so. Mccourty looks the the next stud CB though. :D

Why rightly so over a four down player who saved our season in the secondary from certain disaster?

McCourty's demanding position, and transition to the pros, is more impressive than rushing the passer, IMO.

Last edited:
I haven't watched Suh at all, so I don't know. There seems to be a consensus, though. McCourty would still get my vote because he's a hometown product.:D This is one time I'm happy to wear my best 'homer' outfit.

– Devin McCourty continues to impress, stripping a falling Percy Harvin of the ball (a throw from Favre that was slightly behind the wideout) and returning the INT 37 yards. BenJarvus Green Ellis scored on a 13-yard INT just three plays later to give the Patriots a 21-10 lead. McCourty really demonstrated why he might turn out to be a true No. 1 corner earlier in the third quarter, matching Percy Harvin (as fast as any WR in the league) stride-for-stride before breaking up a pass at the New England five-yard line.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports.../10/31/snap-judgments-patriots-28-vikings-18/

Last edited:
Where can I get his shirt ? McC = Stud...........

I haven't watched Suh at all, so I don't know. There seems to be a consensus, though. McCourty was still get my vote because he's a hometown product.:D This is one time I'm happy to wear my best 'homer' outfit.

Detroit is a better team up front and a better team overall with suh

NE was already a good team before mccourty arrived but Detroit has gone from laughing stock to competitive and suh in the middle of that D is a big reason...he is a leader as a rookie,that's impressive

Suh will walk it, but there are a few terrific rookies this year - not least Alterraun Verner in Tennessee.

Suh will walk it, but there are a few terrific rookies this year - not least Alterraun Verner in Tennessee.

No one is talking about him but Sam Bradford is a very impressive QB,looks like Ryan from his rookie season...the Rams are amazingly in playoff contention early and Bradford is the general behind it

Bradford could sneak up and earn it as well

No one is talking about him but Sam Bradford is a very impressive QB,looks like Ryan from his rookie season...the Rams are amazingly in playoff contention early and Bradford is the general behind it

Bradford could sneak up and earn it as well
We're talking about Defensive Rookies. Though I agree on Bradford (Though Hernandez could have something to say)

Detroit is a better team up front and a better team overall with suh

NE was already a good team before mccourty arrived but Detroit has gone from laughing stock to competitive and suh in the middle of that D is a big reason...he is a leader as a rookie,that's impressive

That's fine. I wasn't arguing with anyone about it. I even admitted that I've watch ZERO footage of the guy all year. It wouldn't change my vote at all though. Like I said, I'm being a complete homer and taking my hometown boy, McCourty.

We're talking about Defensive Rookies. Though I agree on Bradford (Though Hernandez could have something to say)

Yeah,I missed that...then suh is my choice at this time with mccourty second

Hernandez isn't close right now. You got Bradford, Best, Williams(Bucs) and Bryant ahead of him.

And Suh will walk away with DROY.

Last edited:
Suh, right now, is the best D-Lineman in the NFL.

Suh by himself and it's not close

Greetings,
I agree, I have a feeling from just his first few games alone that he could go into HOF on a first ballot.
Peace,
Celtiboy04

Last edited:
Why rightly so over a four down player who saved our season in the secondary from certain disaster?

McCourty's demanding position, and transition to the pros, is more impressive than rushing the passer, IMO.

Easy his stats are better and has 6.5 sacks and an interception and a defensive td and he has had just as great if not greater impact as McCourty (Who i love)

Also there is Thomas from the Seahawks with 4 int's.

Also let's not forget the ones that got away and we should have picked over the struggling mcCourty: odrick, kindle, cody and definately wilson

How each of these rookies is grading out on every play, and against variable quality competition, is something that I'm not in a position to speak to, and I suspect few people are. Its impossible to have an informed opinion on this from NFL entertainment broadcast, as it shows such a small aspect of the game.

But, having said that, from what little is available to me as a regular Pats viewer, I can't remember a defensive rookie that's shown as well as McCourty. My memory is that all of the past greats took at least a year before they showed consistent play, and McCourty already seems to be as good a corner as we've had since Law at his best.

In the end the award is a mainly about stats. Tackles, sacks and INTs. Tackles is the biggest stat to run up and it the main reason the last 7 DROYs have been LBs. McCourty would need to have at least 9 int's like byrd did last year to even be considered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye