PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Intoductory Press Conference

Poor Jerod, he will not last. He is just holding the coaching spot while they rebuild when they (Kraft, Jonathan) get the competitive team that they want then Mayo will be released. They are saving money by not hiring a GM. They (Kraft) are cheap. The Patriots are about making profits by not spending by not hiring or getting people on the cheap. It is about the Stadium, Patriots products, Soccer, and future revenues like NFL Europe.

They have enough Superbowl rings.

Not about Patriots fans

Poor Jerod, he will not last. He is just holding the coaching spot while they rebuild when they (Kraft, Jonathan) get the competitive team that they want then Mayo will be released. They are saving money by not hiring a GM. They (Kraft) are cheap. The Patriots are about making profits by not spending by not hiring or getting people on the cheap. It is about the Stadium, Patriots products, Soccer, and future revenues like NFL Europe.

They have enough Superbowl rings.

Not about Patriots fans
I don’t see this at all.

In regards to diversity and inclusion, Mayo said he wants the locker room to look a certain way, the way the world "should" look. That to me is concerning. The looker room doesn't need to look like anything but a bunch of winners, football players and coaches who are good and can win games. DEI is communist nonsense, it's a branch of critical theory and it has no place in a meritocracy. Football (and professional sports) is the ultimate example of meritocracy, performance and talent based profession. Get that commie/marxist drivel the **** out of here
And everytime a conflict of interest between that and winning/the team occurs, he will pick that.

Yes. It's disgusting that the players care about the color of their coach. I thought were not supposed to care about color? Or only some of us? I don't believe in affirmative action. Mostly because it's discrimination.

I'm aware that Bill harbored an unhealthy workplace. That's my point. Boomer is out, millennial is in, gen z is happier.
I take it that you don’t have much experience being in diverse environments by your comments. I really shouldn’t need to invoke history of discrimination against black people or the fact that they continue to face challenges to this day.

Ignorance of this and saying “don’t talk about color” is quite easy for a white person to say. In an ideal world we’d be ‘color blind’ but that’s not how it operates. I work in an urban environment where diversity is the norm and have family members who are black. Racial problems exist and it’s not disgusting for it to be acknowledged.

This is all a way of saying that these players aren’t disgusting for being happy that a man who looks similar to them and has gone through similar experiences. In fact it is completely acceptable and understandable!

To think it is a disgusting negative is the attitude of someone who is uncomfortable about the topic and would rather have an “out of sight, out of mind” approach rather than addressing and confronting real existing issues.

———

At the end of the day in regard to this thread, all I did was confront a poster whose politics and views are well known from the Pub. And I stated that just because Jerod talked about diversity doesn’t mean he is not prioritizing winning.

But it’s certainly interesting how multiple members flocked like moths to a lamp at the mention of diversity being a good thing.

It certainly was short on substance. The "I'm here to develop people" thing rings a bit hollow -- it's football, not a halfway house. Right now this is an organization at loose ends with no strong GM and a neophyte head coach articulating no clear vision, especially on offense. Mayo seems like a strong leader but how that will translate re. philosophy and on game day are open questions. The press conference didn't answer much definitively.
All can say is judge him from week 1 in September and beyond.
hope that is Dugger, but don't overpay for safeties. They're free agent market is depressed
I like Uche but he's a magician, he disappears far to often. Dugger should definitely be a priority

I take it that you don’t have much experience being in diverse environments by your comments. I really shouldn’t need to invoke history of discrimination against black people or the fact that they continue to face challenges to this day.

Ignorance of this and saying “don’t talk about color” is quite easy for a white person to say. In an ideal world we’d be ‘color blind’ but that’s not how it operates. I work in an urban environment where diversity is the norm and have family members who are black. Racial problems exist and it’s not disgusting for it to be acknowledged.

This is all a way of saying that these players aren’t disgusting for being happy that a man who looks similar to them and has gone through similar experiences. In fact it is completely acceptable and understandable!

To think it is a disgusting negative is the attitude of someone who is uncomfortable about the topic and would rather have an “out of sight, out of mind” approach rather than addressing and confronting real existing issues.

———

At the end of the day in regard to this thread, all I did was confront a poster whose politics and views are well known from the Pub. And I stated that just because Jerod talked about diversity doesn’t mean he is not prioritizing winning.

But it’s certainly interesting how multiple members flocked like moths to a lamp at the mention of diversity being a good thing.

There's a lot of projection here. It's not me who's uncomfortable.

Try this projection

How. Does. It. Equal. Wins?

What is disgusting? Black players being happy for the success of a black coach?

Oh and in case you forgot per all the stories that have been leaked, Foxboro under Belichick since Brady left hasnt exactly been the definition of a “healthy work place”! And it certainly hasn’t trickled down to wins.
???

By all accounts, the players played hard for Belichick, so... are you talking about the Krafts and Belichick?

Let me tell you, if Mayo loses in his first 2 seasons, the knives will be out for him going into the 3rd one, and at that point, you'll get a lot of finger pointers as well.

Try this projection

There was no projection, whatsoever. Sounds like you don’t know what that term actually means. It is quite clear you who don’t like the discussion of racial issues to that point where it gets up your craw for him to reference diversity in the press conference.

It’s well within Jerod’s right and perfectly understandable for him to mention diversity. It doesn’t mean winning is a secondary priority.

———

On the flip side maybe if Bill Belichick always prioritized winning ahead of petty grudges perhaps we’d have another Super Bowl, maybe even two.

I’m confident that Jerod has the right aims and will put the team’s success at the forefront.

Well, now we know how Mayo got the job
He took a trip to Israel with the “Young Thundercat”
That’s about all I got out of that Presser

Last edited:
???

By all accounts, the players played hard for Belichick, so... are you talking about the Krafts and Belichick?

Let me tell you, if Mayo loses in his first 2 seasons, the knives will be out for him going into the 3rd one, and at that point, you'll get a lot of finger pointers as well.
It’s merely a reference to festy implying that Mayo was going to create a toxic environment through diversity initiatives. The situation in Foxboro has been toxic itself on multiple fronts, for several years now.

Try this projection

You can't seem to understand that it has nothing to do with quotas or whatever. It has everything to do with wins. You act as if the old boy's network has gone unnoticed by black players. It hasn't. Having people who have more a sense of you because they've had your experiences can mean that you'll be a lot more successful, and it will translate to wins.

This is no different than corporate America and why it prizes diversity of thought and experience. It makes for stronger companies and a better sense of how to sell whatever they are selling.

I find this a bit ironic coming from people who criticized Belichick for being too old, out of touch, out of new ideas.

On the flip side maybe if Bill Belichick always prioritized winning ahead of petty grudges we’d have another Super Bowl, maybe even two.

I’m confident that Jerod has the right aims and will put the team’s success at the forefront.
If Jerod lacks the discipline and accountability Belichick instilled, he won't win anything.

Petty = demanding discipline and accountability
Discipline and accountability = wins

There was no projection, whatsoever. Sounds like you don’t know what that term actually means. It is quite clear you who don’t like the discussion of racial issues to that point where it gets up your craw for him to reference diversity in the press conference.

It’s well within Jerod’s right and perfectly understandable for him to mention diversity. It doesn’t mean winning is a secondary priority.

———

On the flip side maybe if Bill Belichick always prioritized winning ahead of petty grudges we’d have another Super Bowl, maybe even two.

Maybe by diversity he means players he doesn't necessarily like and/or want to be around?

BB: ‘At this point in my career, I want to coach guys I like. I want to coach guys I want to be around and that’s it.’

Also, kudos to the person who did this work for show:

All can say is judge him from week 1 in September and beyond.
I like Uche but he's a magician, he disappears far to often. Dugger should definitely be a priority
I think Onwenu is the priority. I like Dugger, but I thought he took some plays off this year.

———

On the flip side maybe if Bill Belichick always prioritized winning ahead of petty grudges perhaps we’d have another Super Bowl, maybe even two.

You're literally projecting. This word soup doesn't change me or who I am and I don't need your approval but the accusation at hand because you have a political bias towards the discussion that disagrees with me is a weird flex.

As a self identifying liberal who votes blue no matter who, I am well aware of what marginalized groups face on the daily.

What I don't agree with is how it's relevant to the job at jand. It literally is not. In mayos defense. He didn't make this claim. You are by saying it will somehow increase work place morale by seeing "on of us"

You won't capitulate that it has nothing to do with football and that it won't translates to wins so what it really means is that a couple snowflake's triggered you into your natural habitat of trying to put morons in their place. You lack tolerance true tolerance.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back