PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Coaching Staff [Discuss Coaching Candidates Here!]

Caley's announcement makes more sense now.

Bitter Team Bill poo pooing OC in 3, 2, 1...

As a coach:

I didn't realize Caley was lukewarm on wanting the job. Van Pelt was possibly one of a few interested (only?). Desperation move. Not good at all...

With the formal announcement of the three coordinators, we're on to filling out the rest of the staff.

Interesting. I guess this points towards the Belichick boys not staying on staff? Fisch is a friend of Bill.

Also kind of interesting that they're college jobs. No NFL jobs available for Steve and Sunseri?

Interesting. I guess this points towards the Belichick boys not staying on staff? Fisch is a friend of Bill.
Yeah seems like it. I was hoping Vinnie would leave anyway. Stump would be a good addition IMO.

Yeah seems like it. I was hoping Vinnie would leave anyway. Stump would be a good addition IMO.
Seems like they have not really gotten anything much out of their RBs they've drafted since Ivan Fears retired. Stevenson is good but Fears was here when he was a rookie. Need a change.

So much for @TommyD4207 saying everything stayed the same except for getting rid of Bill. I guess Mayo found the rats and is cleaning house.
Or the relationship with Kraft and Bill is fractured and Bills sons feel weird staying.

Next one to go is Evan Rothstein (asst QB coach), a Patricia protégé. Another rat that's gots to go.

You prefer Van Pelt over Bill O'Brien?
Yes. I prefer a total redo of the entire offense and ST units. Fire them all.

I would also prefer that a nerd that never played or coached football not be involved in coaching QBs or that ex- college lacrosse players that never played football be coaching football players.

This is some of the stuff Bill was letting happen.
“So, I was told this the other day, and I don’t know it 100% fact. It’s tough to get information out of there. But I heard that Evan Rothstein, who is Matt Patricia’s nerd from Detroit who has never coached a position, college or the NFL, is spearheading the pass-game concepts for the Patriots,” Bedard said.

I don't think Bill gave a **** these past two seasons.

I hope AvP, Covington and Springer bring in coaches that are ex-players or at least have coaching experience in college/NFL for several teams.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back