PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo and Wilfork PRESENT for start of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we start calling BB "Darth Hoodie?" I think that would be an awesome nickname.

-Rob-

I'm not too excited by this. All it tells me is they aren't in the hospital.

Tells me that Seau being in Boston makes Mayo nervous for his job security, so he's pushing himself super hard to get back onto the field...:bricks:

:beersign:

Tells me nothing. It has been almost 3 weeks since the injury, and Mayo has been walking without crutches for over 2 weeks. Depending on the severity of the sprain, for Mayo to be able to do limited participation activity in 3-4 weeks is not that surprising, and does not necessarily mean that he will be back in action sooner than expected. Limited participation on special teams is not the same is being back full time as our defensive captain.

But it does keep everyone in doubt. Including the rest of the NFL. Good work, Darth Hoodie.

Don't think Mayo will be playing for another 3 weeks or so yet though. Maybe longer.

More time he's out the better, you don't want a long term injury with him, do you?

Tells me that Seau being in Boston makes Mayo nervous for his job security, so he's pushing himself super hard to get back onto the field...:bricks:

:beersign:

Didn't you read the Jacky McMullen story at the beggining of the year? The kid made 18 tackles against the Jets with a ripped shoulder. He is a super competitor, he needs no outside stimulation to return,

Didn't you read the Jacky McMullen story at the beggining of the year? The kid made 18 tackles against the Jets with a ripped shoulder. He is a super competitor, he needs no outside stimulation to return,

I agree he is the real deal... everything I read indicates he is a weight room rat as well..

Don't think Mayo will be playing for another 3 weeks or so yet though. Maybe longer.

More time he's out the better, you don't want a long term injury with him, do you?
The Patriots don't rush players back. When he comes back to play, he'll be physically fit and ready.

wilfork might get some playing time, depending on how well the new guys Brace/pryor do,

but mayo isnt gonna play i dont think....it would be disastrous to rush him back

and on a side note, i dont trust BAL not trying to hurt his knees on purprose....

I fully expect Wilfork to play. Mayo not, but this is very good news for his quicker than expected return.

Why does everyone think he will not play this week? Why bother straining it if the injury was so serious? I have said this over and over again this is not a grade 3 sprain(tear). He is fine ... he will play.

Why does everyone think he will not play this week? Why bother straining it if the injury was so serious? I have said this over and over again this is not a grade 3 sprain(tear). He is fine ... he will play.

His first 'practice' is the friday walkthrough and he's wearing a heavy brace. Why would they risk it?

Either next week or the week after, we'll probably see Mayo back. I'm shocked, and happy. Do I expect him there this Sunday? No. But he'll probably be back much sooner than I expected (which was about halfway through November).

Linebacker Mayo back in Patriots practice but unlikely for Ravens - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Linebacker Jerod Mayo returned to practice Friday for the first time since he sprained his MCL in the Patriots' opening game against Buffalo, leading to speculation he might play this weekend.

But according to a league source, it's unlikely Mayo will play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens. It's more likely he'll return in the near future.

Mayo had a clean break of the MCL ligament (grade III), but he has been rehabbing well -- even studying film while on the training table. The normal timetable for this injury is six to eight weeks, but an athlete of Mayo's caliber can rehab much quicker. While Mayo, 23, can run straight ahead, the concern remains his side-to-side movement and whether the ligament can sustain any unexpected contact. The Patriots likely will probably be cautious not to rush Mayo back too soon.

Mayo was drafted 10th overall in the 2008 draft.

Those Tomasse & Borges rumors of amputation are now proven false!

I'll be happy if he returns after the bye.

Those Tomasse & Borges rumors of amputation are now proven false!

I'll be happy if he returns after the bye.

I'm guessing he might be back next week.

That said it's "possible" he's active this week as an emergency back-up for Guyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes