PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe Cam is a better QB than we (and everybody else) thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a long way to go to accurately evaluate Cam in this offense. I saw too many dumb throws, too many balls batted down, and not enough accuracy.

We have a long way to go to accurately evaluate Cam in this offense. I saw too many dumb throws, too many balls batted down, and not enough accuracy.
I agree BUT look at his weapons. I know we said this over and over last year BUT nothing has changed. I don't care even if he is throwing more to Harry and Byrd. These receivers stink. Period. I won't blame Cam for looking mediocre at times.

I agree BUT look at his weapons. I know we said this over and over last year BUT nothing has changed. I don't care even if he is throwing more to Harry and Byrd. These receivers stink. Period. I won't blame Cam for looking mediocre at times.

I'm sure it's been brought up but Byrd barely saw the field when he was in Carolina, and Carolina had some pretty bad WRs at the time. Seems like a good kid but yeah when he's one of your top WR options, no bueno.

Its one thing if people are covered, but that has not been the case.

Matt Cassel was a QB who had never started at QB since high school. He backed up Leinart at USC all college. In 2008 as Pats QB he put up an efficient NFL season and the year after went to the freaking pro bowl.

Matt Cassel was a QB who had never started at QB since high school. He backed up Leinart at USC all college. In 2008 as Pats QB he put up an efficient NFL season en route to an 11-5 season, and the year after went to the freaking pro bowl.

Its one thing if people are covered, but that has not been the case.
He is not Brady. We need to really process that. He is also still learning and does not have great weapons. What matters right now is that we keep winning while he is still learning. Many teams are going through the same thing. Patience.

I did not expect Cam to look this good. Yes, game 3 was subpar in relation to games 1-2, but this has been nothing short of a great success so far. Will it last ? Will he remain healthy ? Will egos clash ? Stay tuned !

this is so true. Who can forget after four years of tape when he played so poorly he won league MVP.

Guess we’ll see.

If I’m right, we’ll know by Week 10.

If I’m wrong, we’ll know by then as well.

We have a journeyman #3 WR playing just under 90% of the reps on Offense. Izzo is playing 86% of the reps on Offense, and is our TE receiving threat.

We are asking a lot from Newton to do well in the passing game. We badly need to trade for a receiver.

We have a journeyman #3 WR playing just under 90% of the reps on Offense. Izzo is playing 86% of the reps on Offense, and is our TE receiving threat.

We are asking a lot from Newton to do well in the passing game. We badly need to trade for a receiver.

Im seeing the exact same excuse on the Jets forum.

Last game I saw for the first time he was throwing with anticipation than just throwing at receivers. There will be growth. We need to start working the TEs into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down