402.1 yards per game (30th)
26.3 PPG (24th)
4.6 yards per carry (22nd)
100.1 passer rating (23rd)
3 INTs (31st)
19 sacks (26th)
44.8 third down pct (26th)

Defensive talent includes Flowers, Harrison, Robinson, Slay & Coleman

Meanwhile, Flores has held his last two opponents to under 20 points with an XFL team.

So is our sentiment here that Patricia was never actually very good?

Makes me question how much imput Patricia had on the defense here. Especially considering Bill's defensive background. I liked Patricia. But I always felt his defenses had a bend not break mindset. I now feel as though they have an attacking mindset. Create a turnover any way possible.

Last edited:
Lions defensive stats:

402.1 yards per game (30th)
26.3 PPG (24th)
4.6 yards per carry (22nd)
100.1 passer rating (23rd)
3 INTs (31st)
19 sacks (26th)
44.8 third down pct (26th)

Defensive talent includes Flowers, Harrison, Robinson, Slay & Coleman

Meanwhile, Flores has held his last two opponents to under 20 points with an XFL team.

Not sure I see much talent on Detroit’s defense

If you look at the turnovers produced by Patricia coordinated defenses, the numbers were always relatively low when compared to Flores/BB coordinated defenses.

Despite his undergraduate work and exterior "genius" persona, I was never convinced that he was particularly brilliant when listening to him speak.

Appreciate his time here but can't say I'd take him here over Flores last year, or BB/SB/JM this year.

I think I saw a stat saying that the Lions only blitz on 4% of their snaps, which when looking at last year and this year with this Patriots team and what they've done, it's an interesting contrast.

Patricia also has no talent on defense and an underwhelming offense that isn’t always able to sustain long drives. Life is a lot easier for any coach when they have the greatest quarterback who ever walked the earth on the roster.

If you look at the turnovers produced by Patricia coordinated defenses, the numbers were always relatively low when compared to Flores/BB coordinated defenses.

Despite his undergraduate work and exterior "genius" persona, I was never convinced that he was particularly brilliant when listening to him speak.

Appreciate his time here but can't say I'd take him here over Flores last year, or BB/SB/JM this year.

Yeah I've loved the defensive mindset more since he left. But again I think the defense as a whole run throws BB. I don't think a defensive playcall is made without him knowing first.

Would Patricia be invited back?

Would Patricia be invited back?

I don't want him calling plays over Mayo and/or the Belichick's. I think he'd be welcomed back as an assitant of some kind.

Catching Lions and Dolphins games this year I saw their defenses play like the Pats defenses did during their times here but with lesser talent. Lions contain rushing Rodgers, letting them trickle down the field inexorably. Hoping for a mistake that didn’t come. Dolphins zero blitzing the Steelers at 4th and 20 at the end of the half, only for a simple slant to turn into a long TD.

Flores led the fewest points given up ever in a Superbowl. Flores was with Belichick for 20 years. Good for him looks like he's getting improvement from the roster while strategically still tanking for a top pick.

Player skill has a lot to do with how aggressive a defense can be. Their were times when Matty was the DC and the linebackers couldn’t do as many things as they can now...and the secondary was not as skillful.

Watched the Detroit game yesterday, it looked reminiscent of the Pats "bend but do not break' days, I really saw a lot of shortcomings during that time...

The days when the Offense/Brady had to always bail out the defense..

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back