PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Miller: Brady will re-sign with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
well he's got to resign by 3/18 or else it's a 13 mil cap hit. Is he going to know for sure that the Pats are going to get help? How are they going to get help if they sign him after the cap hit deadline? How is Brady going to know the Pats will "reload" with players of his liking before the deadline?

Yep, if anyone has the scoop on the inside workings of Brady & Belichick's minds it's Matt Miller
:rolleyes:

I'm sure the feeling is indeed that Brady will stay. It's not really news that people think he will.

There's nothing on his website or twitter account, so likely fake news...

Brady is Schrodinger’s Free Agent.

Please come back, Tom.

Media sht show continues.

Write up any gibberish they want then add "Brady" and a picture and they get clicks and retweets galore either way.

I like Matt for his draft coverage.

But I wouldn’t consider him the best “source” for news.

Surprised we haven’t seen Did Brady know Hernandez was a killer article’s yet
thanks for the idea. needed a break into the click bait business

Given that Matt Miller is probably the most comically clueless guy in the world of sports, I think we can assume Brady is gone.

Meh. As coach says, "It is what it is". I have to believe that he has had some sort of talks with either Brady or his agent. It would be foolish NOT to, as the team needs time to compose draft requirements considering Brady's return or not returning.

Sure, you can develop both lists, but doing so diverts resources and time from concentrating on one or the other to maximize potential.

Surprised we haven’t seen Did Brady know Hernandez was a killer article’s yet
giphy.gif

Given that Matt Miller is probably the most comically clueless guy in the world of sports, I think we can assume Brady is gone.
Whoa. Some would agree that Ray Lewis and Mike Tyson are “in the world of sports”...

well he's got to resign by 3/18 or else it's a 13 mil cap hit. Is he going to know for sure that the Pats are going to get help? How are they going to get help if they sign him after the cap hit deadline? How is Brady going to know the Pats will "reload" with players of his liking before the deadline?

I'm sure a gentlemans agreement could be had between he and BB/Kraft. I don't think they would openly lie to his face and deceive him into coming back under false pretenses

This is the source:

So Miller did actually say this, but he’s got a little questionable of a track record when it comes to this stuff.

I initially read it as "Matt Millen", and immediately thought that this is it, Brady is 100% gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes