PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marty's interview is worth it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty's gone...Last night he was thrilled about going into Free Agency as a super bowl champion...Looking for that pay day the Pats will not offer...Was good while it lasted...And his public statements about skipping the White house were not Patriot like any way...

Marty's gone...Last night he was thrilled about going into Free Agency as a super bowl champion...Looking for that pay day the Pats will not offer...Was good while it lasted...And his public statements about skipping the White house were not Patriot like any way...

I dunno, he said something like "you come here for the wins, not the checks". I guess it comes down to whether he wants to continue to win.

Come on, he's gone.

If dude talks about the $ he is going to make as a SB champion on live TV when celebrating the greatest comeback in SB history, he certainly is sure of it.

I thank him for being such a selfless player and helping us win this unbelievable SB.

Really wish he would stay, but already resigned to the fact that he has moved on.

GO PATS!!

If we lock up Hightower, is it worth franchising Marty?

After 2014 & 2016 seasons, I've come to care less about "keeping so and so"... bringing in this type of player (and Long, Revis, Browner) on cheaper deals so they can get the SB ring is a much better allocation of $. It gets us a deeper roster and the hunger to get the trophy.

Good player who started fast and played through discomfort. Thanks 88.

Would like to see him stay, but after the comment "Going into free Agency as a SB Champion" I would suspect he is looking for the big pay day now with his Ring secured.
Either way he was fun guy to see wearing a Patriots uniform.

Key words from Marty last night "I'm entering Free Agency as a super bowl winner".

I'd say he is gone. As much as he likes it here he wants to be paid I think. Don't blame him but I do wish he would take into account how happy being here made him and how supportive the team and fan base was with everything he did. If I were him I'd take a discount to stay. He will never want for anything at this point anyway so why not maximize happiness? Also does he see how well we treat ex-pats in these parts that buy in?

Last edited:
He's long gone, he said everyone gets paid more as a SB champ. No worries, thanks for the effort along the way, truly a champ.

I feel like Bennett is a really important piece. Being able to run two TE sets is a nice luxury, and with Gronk's injury history it's nice to have a viable backup in place that can step in and reliably fill the role of a starting TE. That said, there's only so much money to go around, and you can't keep everyone.

I know he said he's excited to go into free agency as a SB champ.... but like
The Brandon Five mentioned, he also said a lot of other things leaning the other way. He said "you don't come here for the check, you come here for the championships". He also said something like, "some games, I only got one or two targets -- and I didn't care". He also mentioned that "some games, I'd be asked to help block most of the game... and Tom would come over on the sidelines and say, 'hey man, you're killing it out there, thanks for the help'". He said a lot of things that makes me believe he genuinely loves it here.

I'd love to see him stay but who knows. That said, it's not like the Patriots are the only contending team in the league. Maybe he could find a legit SB contender and pick up a huge paycheck. It's not like his only options are "win" or "get paid". I think NE gives him the best chance to win, but not the only chance to win.

Last edited:
I hear it's a good TE draft.

Jake Butt from UM might be a stash due to the knee.

He's going to be a Seahawk. It has nothing to do with his White House comment.

Was thinking along similar lines. Drafting Butt would be great.

However... something just seems wrong about having a 2TE set of "Gronk & Butt." I mean that's just rife for crude jokes.

Crude jokes...by Gronk, probably.

Kraft and Belichik is right. This is a special team. I hope the band stays together for next year.

Very un-Patriot to needlessly inject politics into your football moment.
Had BB or Brady done so, this board & the Boston & NY media would bury them. You know it.

Guy played like a selfless warrior for us. Great team player. I wish him well in his ongoing career playing on losing teams.

He's going to be a Seahawk. It has nothing to do with his White House comment.
I actually think this makes a ton of sense.

I don't think Jimmy Graham is a good fit in Seattle. He's not a good blocker, and they leave him in too block too much. Bennett is obviously an absolute monster in the running game because of how much of a beast he is blocking.

I could see Seattle cutting Graham (I believe he had no dead money), and replacing him with Bennett. They have the cap space, I'm sure he'd love to play with his brother, and he seems to fit their scheme much better than Graham does.

I hate the Seahawks and would hate to see Bennett go there, but it makes too much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes