PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall oh Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
First of all let me wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance of your wonderful Holidays.
My question if ever i met Marshall Faulk is ,,why the hate so much ? Please let it go ,,for Gods sake .
Wasn't Kevin his cousin ? Why still after all these years do you carry this hate and grudge .
I was watching the NFL program " Bold Predictions" before the Houston game. Did anyone hear Marshall's Bold Prediction ?? He predicted { in his heart he wanted this badly to come true i am sure } that Hoyer would out play Brady in every stat,,,,more TDs , more Yards etc etc.
I read this watching him say it not in a funny way ,,but was sorry for this sick man who won't let it go.
Oh and before i go,,,Congrats for yet another Division Title . GO PATS.

Faulk feels he was "cheated" out of a super bowl. he actually believes the pats video taped the rams walk through practice. matt walsh later stated that he was present at the walk through setting up equipment the day before the super bowl but did not actually video tape. he says (whether you believe him or not) that he rememberd a few of the formations and relayed that to some of the coaches. i think it was in the new york times or somethng.

Faulk feels he was "cheated" out of a super bowl. he actually believes the pats video taped the rams walk through practice. matt walsh later stated that he was present at the walk through setting up equipment the day before the super bowl but did not actually video tape. he says (whether you believe him or not) that he rememberd a few of the formations and relayed that to some of the coaches. i think it was in the new york times or somethng.
That is what happened. Faulk's problem is he thought they were a pre-ordained dynasty. He bought into the hype and when they got beat both physically and mentally he went into a lifelong denial as to why.

The funniest thing is he NEVER talks about the SB he won in '99. Dan Marino has less bitter memories. Sad really.

I think he's still suffering from undiagnosed PTSD as a result of that SB 36 loss. Poor soul. Someone needs to recommened him to therapy. :)

First of all let me wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance of your wonderful Holidays.
My question if ever i met Marshall Faulk is ,,why the hate so much ? Please let it go ,,for Gods sake .
Wasn't Kevin his cousin ? Why still after all these years do you carry this hate and grudge .
I was watching the NFL program " Bold Predictions" before the Houston game. Did anyone hear Marshall's Bold Prediction ?? He predicted { in his heart he wanted this badly to come true i am sure } that Hoyer would out play Brady in every stat,,,,more TDs , more Yards etc etc.
I read this watching him say it not in a funny way ,,but was sorry for this sick man who won't let it go.

It's funny that you would bring this up now. I just finished watching the Super Bowl XXXVI Champions DVD. It was great to see that crybaby get smacked around by the Pats that day, especially knowing how he's been crying about it for more than a decade. Plus, the incredibly ironic proclamation by Ricky Proehl that "the dyansty starts tonight baby" and the fact that the loss to them during the season was the last time the Pats would lose.

That isn't the only side story to that season though. Look at it all as a delicious ice cream sundae with the Silence of the Rams being the cherry on top.

The Jets knocking out Drew Bledsoe and opening the door for the GOAT QB, and then following that up at the end of the season by knocking off the Raiders and allowing us to have that first playoff game in Foxborough was the first scoop of ice cream for the sundae. And at that moment, my youngest son and I were sitting in the stands in Charlotte chanting J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

Then having Tom Brady's first start being a blowout against Peyton and the Indiots was like another scoop. The fact that Peyton threw not one but two pick6's seemed so appropriate after knowing how many times the NYJFL's choice for Golden Boy was going to fold like a tent in the future.

And of course there's the Raiders Snow Bowl game, which is the third and final scoop of ice cream. Another irony was having the Raiders players and fans feeling like they got jobbed by the refs exactly 25 years after the Ben Dreith theft of the Pats first SB win. The fact that the call in the 2001 game was actually correct and the 1976 was completely bogus, only enhances my enjoyment of that moment.

And if the cherry on top of the Pats sundae was the SB win, then the Steelers AFCCG win was the whipped cream. In spite of their attempt at ending Brady's season, the Steelers still ended up losing that game, and that started a run of success for the Pats against the terrible towelers that is still going today.

Eat that losers.

Faulk will never forgive the Patriots for kicking his ass in the Super Bowl.
Polian will never forgive the Patriots for kicking his ass when he had Peyton Manning as his QB.

Those are just a couple of givens.

This delusional Gary Coleman clone is a Hatriot, plain and simple. He's still butthurt from 01, when his highly-favored team lost to the GOAT.

faulks always been a dink towards the pats.
nfl network morning show is close to unwatchable with faulk and kurt warner. two sore losers.

That's why Warner having to carry the SB49 trophy to the podium was one of the sweetest things about the whole night (moreso in that him having that job was a complete surprise to me).

If I were a Powerball winner I would pay to have a screencap of him with the trophy, surrounded by NE players, with that desperate, fake grin on his face, put on billboards all around St. Louis and all around wherever Warner lives now.

Did you know that the Regular Season MVP not winning the SB curse/streak started the year (and only time) Faulk won it?

Before him 5 out of 7 Regular Season MVP's won the SB.

Last edited:
While we are whining about NFLN/NFL.com:

Ranking the Super Bowls | NFL.com

Harrison for the most part gives the Patriots their due for being involved in so many great Super Bowls. And bless him for not putting SB 42 at the top.

Still, um:

11. Super Bowl XXXVI - New England Patriots 20, St. Louis Rams 17
"Spygate" has marred what was an exciting contest. ...

Wha, huh? Has Marshall Faulk been buying this guy dinners or something?

The funniest thing is he NEVER talks about the SB he won in '99.

People would get bored listening to him talk about that. Sadly, people never seem to get tired listening to his whiny BS about how he was "cheated" out of another superbowl. Another example of why jealousy is such an ugly emotion.

Harrison for the most part gives the Patriots their due for being involved in so many great Super Bowls. And bless him for not putting SB 42 at the top.

Still, um:

****ing idiots in the media.

#1 By NFL rules in '01 there was no way camerainthewrongplacegate could happen in '01

#2 There is no proof about the walkthrough, so people are taking the word of some report from fat boy Tomasoe and a source that never backed it up.

#3 and the most important one, they played the Rams 2 months before and lost by only 7 points. Same reason people credit the Giants for beating the Pats in '07 that even though the Giants lost that Week 17 game they still played the Pats tough. Well in that Week 10 game Pats played the Rams tough. Pats won that SB because they had seen the Rams up close and made sure what hurt them in that game didn't hurt them in the SB.

faulk should be mad at mike martz for thinking his offense was so good that he could just show up and run the same stuff against a guy whose defensive game plan from SB 25 is in the hall of fame.

Last edited:
Faulk came to New Orleans thinking he was going to leave town as part of the first NFL Dynasty of the 21st Century. That was a reasonable expectation since he and his teammates were 14 point favorites.

IMHO, he's never gotten over that loss...and how they lost...beaten up physically by a ferocious D and then having to sit on the sidelines and watch Brady march the Pats down the field from inside his own 20, no timeouts and 1:28 on the clock and then watch as another future HOFer kicked a 48 yard field goal "right down the middle."

I honestly think he was, in some way, traumatized by that and has chosen not to let go of it.

That's why Warner having to carry the SB49 trophy to the podium was one of the sweetest things about the whole night (moreso in that him having that job was a complete surprise to me).

If I were a Powerball winner I would pay to have a screencap of him with the trophy, surrounded by NE players, with that desperate, fake grin on his face, put on billboards all around St. Louis and all around wherever Warner lives now.
That was beautiful. He looked just like Cersei in her Walk of Shame on Game of Thrones...

Still, um:

Tired of Rodney's passive-aggressive douchebaggery as of late. That's why I call him "HGH." :D

"One example of this was that Super Bowl game against the Rams. It is hard to forget a game in which everyone was expecting an easy win for the Rams just like the game they won against the Patriots during the regular season. St Louis' team was a very good team. Their offence looked like it was flawless and unstoppable. However "Every offense has weaknesses" says Bill Belichick and for that Super Bowl game he definitely studied his lesson well. He made his defense concentrate on one player, Michael Faulk. On practice he chose someone from the scout team to be Faulk and made them run Ram's plays over and over again. In every play he kept yelling at his defense "Where is he? Where is he?" to encourage them to follow Faulk at all times. After a week of hearing the same yell before every play: "Where is he?" finally one of the defensive players turned around and yelled "Shut the **** up" which even Belichick appreciated, because it meant they had it down. "

One of my favorites. Forget the original source but copied here:

Bill Belichick :: Biography

Tired of Rodney's passive-aggressive douchebaggery as of late. That's why I call him "HGH." :D
The article was written by Elliot Harrison.

Rodney passive-aggressive? How so? Not sure you can find anyone more of a direct frontal assault kinda guy out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes