PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning HGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPsPats

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night before I went to bed so I'll post it now.

We all know Manning has recently been accused of using HGH.

You're going to sit here and tell me a 40 year old QB, who was in a walking boot and hobbled on the sidelines a few weeks ago can now suddenly out run Jamie Collins and grab 12 yard gains by scrambling?

Yeah, right. His "treatment" sure helped him gain gain strength in that foot and some speed. Hmmmm.

Manning was bad yesterday, it just was overshadowed by Brady having an even worse game.

Other than their first drive, which was gifted thanks to a bad PI call on Ryan/conservative scheme/brain fart in coverage by JC, and the short field after the Brady INT (again a brain fart in coverage by JC), Manning did absolutely nothing out there.

What difference does it make? Manning didn't beat us, our O-line 5hit the bed all over themselves. Donkey's could have had Stephen Hawking quarterbacking that offense out of his wheelchair, and we still would have lost. We need to revamp our o-line, point blank.

As for Manning's accusations.... who cares, no one will test him, and personally, even if he took HGH in the past, no way he'd risk it right now, in the middle of a superbowl run.

Move on, nothing to see here.

He probably knows he can get away with it

I was saying something similar yesterday but was told that the Manning thing "wasn't a big deal" especially since "there is no proof."

I'm not arguing that Manning was bad yesterday, I'm just saying he was really mobile for a guy that could barely walk a few weeks ago.

Brady gets all this flak and allegations against him while Manning gets ball washed.

Manning was drilled/sacked at the end of the 2nd quarter (I think Branch hit him) and that was the death blow, IMO. He never appeared the same. Next play he had to call TO.....and from that point forward, Denver took the ball out of his hands and relied on its defense. This game was there for the taking...but the NE offense was even more wretched than wounded Manning.....OL, QB, RB, WR........only Gronk gets a star.

I'm actually more suspect of Miller and Wolfe, both of whom have previous suspensions for steroids and PEDs. It's not hard to imagine them looking at Manning getting the free pass on hgh and deciding there'd be no consequences to juicing up heavily for this game.

He probably knows he can get away with it
Considering that at the start of HGH testing the league hasn't nailed a single player in almost 800 tests you are correct.

Its is not out of the realm of possibility that you have few who are beating the system right here in Foxboro.

Brady gets all this flak and allegations against him while Manning gets ball washed.

In other news, the Earth is round.

I'm actually more suspect of Miller and Wolfe, both of whom have previous suspensions for steroids and PEDs. It's not hard to imagine them looking at Manning getting the free pass on hgh and deciding there'd be no consequences to juicing up heavily for this game.

Wolfe, yes. Miller, I believe was marijuana and then he tried to cover it up.

we need to draft about 7 o linemen in the draft.

every pick should be an offensive lineman.

then get rid of that cardboard cut out that we put in place to block von miller.

A Google search had revealed a few headlines about Miller's suspension being for steroids and meth, but those appear to be less than reliable sites. Guess this was his first time using them. ;)

You're going to sit here and tell me a 40 year old QB, who was in a walking boot and hobbled on the sidelines a few weeks ago can now suddenly out run Jamie Collins and grab 12 yard gains by scrambling?

Yeah, right. His "treatment" sure helped him gain gain strength in that foot and some speed. Hmmmm.

I'm not concerned about if Manning was taking HGH or not. I don't see how it would improve his ability to make pre snap reads, call an audible or make the right post snap decisions.

My concern with the Manning HGH story is how the NFL has handled it as compared with the ridiculous Deflategate BS.

On top of that I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of the players on the field of any given game are on something to manage injuries, pain or even gain an edge. They have big money contracts and most have only a short time to earn that kind of cash.

Yesterdays loss was due to an O line incapable of slowing down a smothering pass rush.

we need to draft about 7 o linemen in the draft.

every pick should be an offensive lineman.

then get rid of that cardboard cut out that we put in place to block von miller.

I agree but you know we are going to crap our pants when BB drafts a Long snapper or a place kick holder from the Naval academy or Rutgers.

Oh come on. He had an open field for that run because it was the last thing the Pats thought he would do...a wily veteran caught a very good D by surprise and made a play...Manning isn't exactly a QB to whom you assign a "spy," like Cam Newton or Aaron Rodgers or Russell Willson. :D Good for him. Bad for Patricia. Collins didn't have an angle and it wasn't a foot race.

Not saying he didn't use HGH, just that that's not evidence.

Reactions: JJC
Al jizzera had to shut down.

This thread is laughable.

When Jim Nantz says, "Peyton* was accused of using HGH, but denied it"(sic) was all I needed to know.. there is no media interest in this story..

For all of them Peyton's* denial is good enough for them.. different standards for different players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back